From the RDRC
All Grogan's Mill residents should be aware that any additions or modifications to their property requires approval by the Residential Design Review Committee, or RDRC (made up of 5 elected members). A number of residents have made modifications or additions to their property without getting prior approval, only to later learn that they are in non-compliance with the Covenants or other reasons. Sometimes, this can result in costly tear downs or modifications to make them compliant if a variance is not granted.
The RDRC must disapprove modifications or additions that fail to comply with The Woodlands Covenants or for the following:
1. failure to include information requested by DSC (Design Standards Committee) or RDRC
2. failure to comply with any rules, regulations, or standards promulgated by the DSC
3. objection to the exterior design, appearance or materials of any proposed structure or improvement
4. incompatibility of any proposed structure or improvement or use with existing structures or uses upon other lots in The Woodlands
5. objection to the location on the lot of any proposed structure, or its location with reference to other lots or improvements in The Woodlands,
6. objection to the grading plan for the lot,
7. objection to the design, location or size of parking areas,
8. objection to the color scheme, finish, proportions, architectural style, height, bulk, safety or appropriateness of any proposed structure or improvement, or
9. any other matter which, in the judgment of the RDRC would render the proposed structure, improvement or use incompatible with the general plan of improvement of the property or with structures or uses upon other lots in the vicinity.
On many occasions, the RDRC may recommend that a disapproved project in violation of the above be approved, subject to the Design Standards Committee granting a variance. The RDRC cannot approve variances.
If you are thinking of making an addition or improvement, you should:
1. Download a copy of the Covenants and deed restrictions
For good reasons, a variance may be granted by the DSC. By following the rules, you can successfully expedite completion of your project with either RDRC approval or with a DSC variance, if justified, in a timely and cost-efficient manner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Amanda Cambron, Grogan's Mill's Property Compliance Supervisor at (281) 210-3963 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By fully complying with the processes outlined above, you will be doing your part to improve and enhance the quality and attractiveness of properties in our community.