OF THE MONTH
by Nutrition Specialist Jessica Nabors
Baked Avacado with Egg
2 Ripe Avocados
4 Fresh Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out some of the flesh from the avocado, enough so the egg will fit nicely in the center.
3. Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Pack them in tightly or roll foil to make supports.
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell. 5. Place them in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs/avocados and on your oven. Make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
6. Remove from the oven, season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Salsa is a great compliment to this recipe!