Join the Marin Organic Glean Team
on National Food Day 2011
On Food Day, Americans from all walks of life are creating thousands of events that push for healthy, affordable food produced in a sustainable, humane way!
Monday, October 24th
from 4:00 to 6:00 pm,
Green Gulch Farm
Meet your local farmers.
Get your hands dirty.
Give back to your communities.
No RSVP required. Everything is provided. Carpooling is encouraged.
Glean (verb): to gather produce or grain left in the fields by farmers
The Marin Organic School Lunch and Gleaning Program is helping to transform school lunch choices for our kids. Seven years ago, Marin Organic saw the potential in creatively connecting local farms to local schools through community gleanings. Now this extraordinary program enables 14,000 students from more than half of Marin's schools to eat organic foods grown in Marin each week, while fostering a strong sense of place in children.
Directions to Green Gulch Farm:
1601 Shoreline Highway, Muir Beach, CA
- From 101, take the Hwy 1/Stinson Beach exit.
- Turn left at Proof Lab Surf Shop and the Arco gas station onto Hwy 1.
- Follow the green Hwy 1/Stinson Beach signs up the hill.
- After 2.5 miles the road forks - bear left and down towards Muir Beach.
- After 2 more miles turn left into the driveway at the large wooden sign
that reads "Zen - Center/Green Gulch Farm/Wheelwright Center."
(If you're at Muir Beach, you've gone ½ miles too far.)
- Park in the upper lot of Green Gulch.
- Look for Marin Organic and Glean Team signs.
- Feeling lost? Call us at 415.663.9667.
- Here's a map: http://tinyurl.com/GreenGulchFarm