* It's believed the first apple pie was made in England - over six hundred years ago!
* The first printed apple pie recipe was by Geoffrey Chaucer in 1381. The ingredients for the pie were good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears.
* English settlers brought apple pie-making to America.
* Early American apple pies had a take-off crust. First, the apples were baked in the crust. Then the top crust was lifted off. Sugar and spices were added. The top crust was put back on. Then the pie was served.
* Apple pie is often served with ice cream. This is called apple pie a la mode.