This two day (16 hour course) will educate
participants to be familiar with various
areas of small UAS operations
By use of presentation, video, pictures and hands-on drone flight simulation the participants will be more aware of several aspects of working with and around small unmanned aircraft and interaction with the FAA. The course will also explore the use, applications and advantages of 360/Virtual Reality photography in public safety training programs.
Training will include:
- Airspace and Radio Communication (Part of the §107 license training)
- UAS Safety Operations
- UAS Flight Operations Instruction (includes simulator and individual field training)
- UAS Applications for Public Safety
- Applying for Public Safety COA (Certificate of Authorization)
- LEO Response to Drone Complaints
- VR/360 photography and video for Public Safety Training Applications, including field exercises (with Nikon 360 camera)
Tim Trott began his career in radio and television broadcasting before operating a successful security and fire alarm business in the Orlando area.
Tim developed an interest in Unmanned Aircraft Systems and was one of the first 400 applicants to be granted an exemption under Section 333. He passed the FAA Remote Pilot Certification on the first day it was available and also passed the FAA's Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI) exam. He has helped over 700 students to pass the FAA written exam for the Remote Pilot Certification under Part §107 with his classes, e-books and online training. In addition, Tim also holds a Student Pilot license and is a current member of the Flight School Association of North America, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the Academy of Model Aeronautics, and the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, and recently joined the Experimental Aircraft Association.
Mr. Trott is a regular contributor to podcasts on the subject, including The UAV Digest and Drone Radio Show. He also assisted with beta testing of the Verifly drone insurance mobile app. He has authored a number of books currently available on Amazon.com, including The Droner's Guide and UAS Operations: Ground School Study Guide for passing the FAA Drone Exam. Tim is currently teaching drone and UAS related classes at various law enforcement agencies for Training Force USA.
All members of the public safety community involved in operations or enforcement related to unmanned aerial vehicles ("drones"). Students are encouraged to bring laptop computers but they are not required.
- Hopkinton Massachusetts Police Department
74 Main Street
Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748
DATES & TIMES:
· Thursday-Friday, November 2-3, 2017
· Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
Early Bird Special - $299 per person thru September 30th
Regular Price - $349 per person beginning October 1st
· Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
3681 Loma Farm Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible
for payment of this course
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online
at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA