and buy one of our cookbook kits for the little Valentine in your life!
Chocolate Covered Mania!
Dried fruit: Dip dried apricots, banana chips, dried pineapple, or your favorite dried fruit halfway into the melted chocolate.
Mexican chocolate dipped apples: Cut Granny Smith or Roma apples into slices. Melt the chocolate, and mix in 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Dip the apple slices in the chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate. White-chocolate coconut strawberries: Dip the strawberries in white chocolate, then dip them in a bowl of dried coconut flakes until they are coated. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate. Chocolate banana peanut crunch: Chop dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts and place them in a bowl. Peel bananas and cut them in half. Place a popsicle stick into each half banana. Holding the stick, dip the banana in semi-sweet chocolate, then dip in the chopped peanuts. Place on the baking sheet and refrigerate.
Enjoy some of our favorite holiday recipes!
Zebra-Striped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
2 medium bowls 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips Fork 3 oz. white chocolate chips
Cookie Sheet 1 pound strawberries with stems
Parchment or wax paper
1. Pour the semi-sweet chocolate and the white chocolate into two separate microwave-safe bowls.
2. Put the two bowls in the microwave on low heat for 30 seconds. Make sure you stop each 30 seconds to mix the chocolate until melted.
3. Place the parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Take each washed strawberry by the stem and dip it in the semi-sweet chocolate. Hold each strawberry over the bowl so that the excess chocolate drips back into the bowl, then place the strawberry on the cookie sheet. Repeat with all strawberries.
4. Dip the fork in white chocolate and drizzle over each strawberry to make zebra stripes.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
6. Enjoy with your Valentine!
Handstand Kids Valentine's Day Gift Idea: Homemade Cookie Jar
What you'll need:
Ingredients from your favorite cookie recipe
Large Mason Jar
1. Layer the dry ingredients of your favorite cookie recipe (We recommend Golden Sun Almond Cookies from our Chinese Cookbook Kit) in a large mason jar. 2. Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar. 3. Write the recipe on a card and attach to the ribbon with a mini clothespin. And include a sweet note to share this homemade Valentine for a friend, teacher, or family member with a sweet tooth!