It can be easy to treat each Sabbath as just another in a chain of Sabbath's. This area is known for how churchgoers can choose to treat their churches as variety at a buffet. Although this isn't what some would see as ideal, sometimes it's just good to be able to go home.
Sligo Church Homecoming is simply a calling to all those who have spent time away, moved on for whatever reason or those who have stayed and know Sligo very well, to come home. We are calling everyone to grace us with their presence and enjoy a high Sabbath together as a family.
We're looking for each one of you to take on the call of spreading the word. This week is the week to let people know about Sligo Homecoming in time to get them to make it a priority.
Homecoming is a Sabbath when we pull out the beautiful colors and let our national flags fly. Homecoming is the Sabbath where our musicians and singers pull out all the stops and friends and family return to worship and fellowship together. Homecoming is a Sabbath when we invite beloved pastors back to the pulpit.
Here are some simple things you can do to help get the word out:
1. If you have social media, ie., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter post that you're planning on going to Homecoming on Aug 5th.
2. Don't be afraid to do some reminiscing on your page. Post an old photo from your days at Sligo Church and for the discussion that comes up, invite everyone to come and see you at Homecoming.
3. Call a friend and ask if they plan on being here Aug. 5th. If not, keep calling them until they accept your invitation. Or just ask politely; one of them should work.
4. Send a group text out to old friends from Sligo and ask if we'll get to be together again at Sligo Church for Homecoming.
5. Write a note to a friend or co-worker inviting them to join you for an awesome church service they won't soon forget.
6. Make an "accidental" phone call to someone who you know will enjoy our international luncheon and then "accidentally" let them know how much awesome international food will be waiting for them. Plus we'll have security around the desert to make sure everyone gets something. :)
7. Invite a friend who has been gone from Sligo Church for a while to lunch and somewhere around the desert mention how much you'd love to see them at church on Aug. 5th.
These are all possible ways you can get the word out, and maybe you'll use one, maybe you won't. But all your church asks is that you make an effort to bring as many people as possible to church for Homecoming. Let's all enjoy it together!