Please Note: There is also a fish option available, please let Marilyn know if you would like salmon for your meal.
Our guest scholar will be Dr. Pamela Nadell, the Patrick Clendenen Chair in Women's and Gender History and Director of the Jewish Studies Program at American University in Washington, DC. Dr. Nadell’s subject for Shabbat will be “Two Worlds of America’s Jewish Women.”
It’s a very special opportunity to hear a renowned scholar of modern Jewish history. The three parts of Dr Nadell’s presentation - Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday after lunch - make up a coherent whole story. We encourage people to come for all three!
While we ask that you register for the meals, the talks are all free and open to all! The Kiddush Luncheon is also free, but please let us know if you plan to attend!
To make your reservation for the Friday evening dinner or to RSVP for the Saturday Luncheon, email Marilyn Lassow at
send your check, payable to
, to Marilyn Lassow, 102 Hollister Street, Manchester, CT 06042 by
. Specify whether your choice is chicken or vegetarian dinner. The cost is $22.00 for adults, $10.00 for those under 18.
Friday, April 20th:
- 6:00 PM Service
- 7:00 PM Dinner (Reservation only)
- 8:15 PM Saul M. and Rebecca B. Silverstein Lecture "Meet the American Jewesses”
Saturday, April 21st:
- 10:00 AM Shabbat Service
- D’var Torah by Dr. Pamela Nadell: “A New Kind of Jewess: Meet the Russian Immigrants”
- Kiddush Luncheon Follows (No charge, but please RSVP so we can order enough food)
- 1:15 PM Rabbi Jeshaia and Hilde Schnitzer Memorial Lecture "Two Worlds Converge"