I hope you had a wonderful summer! Hard to believe it is over so quickly, but that means it is time to start planning for the Annual True Colors Conference which will be held on Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17, 2018. Our 25th anniversary conference theme is "Then, Now and Next".
There are many ways you can get involved. I listed them below. I hope you will spread the word and join us! You know that volunteers are the lifeblood of the conference - we can't do it without YOU!
Options (choose any or all!)
- Offer a workshop. The workshop proposal forms are ready. There are two different forms. One is for YOUTH ONLY Audiences (use this one if your target audience is middle or high school students) and All Other Audiences (use this one for college, general, professional, parents and caregivers, activist institute and spiritual institute audiences) Please read these guidelines first
- Participant in the General Organizing meetings: Meet once a month at UCONN in the Rainbow Center (dates below). These volunteers brainstorm ideas, get trained and help train other volunteers, help solve ethical questions and have fun doing it.
- Meeting are on the first THURSDAY of the month from 4:00 - 6:00 PM, Room 403, Student Union UCONN. We will start with pizza and soda.
- The dates are:
- October 5th
- November 2nd
- December 7th
- February 1st
- February 15th
- March 1st
- March 8th
- March 30th (feedback meeting)
3. Join the leadership team
. This team meets once a month at the True Colors office in
Hartford. Hard core planning takes place in these meetings. Learn the skills for key
positions including volunteer coordinators, presenter liaisons, building managers, etc.
PLEASE RSVP FOR THE LEADERSHIP MEETINGS VIA EMAIL AT
- Meetings are on 2nd THURSDAY of the month from 6:00 - 7:30 at 30 Arbor Street, Suite 201 A, Hartford
- The Dates are:
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
- January 11
- February 8
- March 8
- April 12 (feedback meeting)
Thanks very much! Can't wait to see you!
Robin McHaelen, MSW