We Are Painting the Town Purple for Lupus Awareness Month!
We hope that you will "Band Together for Lupus" and join us in celebrating Lupus Awareness Month and World Lupus Day! We are working with our community partners to paint the town purple, read below to see what's happening in the Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter for Lupus Awareness Month!
See how our community partners are painting the town purple!
- Come see "A Splash of Purple" at the Willow Grove Park Mall! Our partners in the Youth in the Loop for Life program at Springfield Township High School have arranged for the Mall's Fountain to be purple all throughout the month of May. Even better - all coins deposited in the fountain during Lupus Awareness Month will be donated to the Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter!
- Take a stroll or drive along Boat House Row on Monday evening, May 23rd to see all the homes lit up in purple!
- The LOVE Park Fountain will be flowing purple as a fitting backdrop for our World Lupus Day Rally on Tuesday, May 24th! Stop by and join us for a beautiful day in the park to raise awareness for lupus!
Read through this email to find out what you can do to help raise awareness for lupus! Be sure to join in on our conversations on Facebook and Twitter! Every day we will be sharing a lupus fact of the day - share or retweet the fact to help educate others about lupus!
Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter
Here's what you can do:
- Post lupus awareness fliers in your community or office.
- Post photos and share what you're doing and for Lupus Awareness Month on LFA, Philadelphia Tri-State's Facebook and Twitter. Get creative!
- Create a profile on Lupus Voices Across America. Let's show everyone how much strong support for lupus the Philadelphia Tri-State Region has!
- Change your profile picture on your Facebook or Twitter! Add a Lupus Awareness Month Twibbon to your profile picture or choose from our selection of images.
- Repost LFA's daily lupus facts through May on your personal online outlets (eg. Website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Encourage your friends and family to become a fan of LFA on Facebook or follow us on Twitter so they can learn more about lupus.
- Send a Lupus Awareness Month e-card to your family and friends.
- Rally with us for lupus awareness on Tuesday, May 24th in LOVE Park.
- Share LFA's celebrity videos featuring LFA's Walk for Lupus Now Grand Marshal, Eduardo Xol from ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition; Kaleena Harper from Diddy-Dirty Money; and Busy Philipps from ABC's Cougar Town.
- Wear a Band Together for Lupus wristband.
- Post an awareness banner ad on your website or blog.
- Register to join the Walk for Lupus Now in South Jersey on Sunday, May 15th.
- Make a donation to support LFA's research, education and awareness programs.