Dear Holy Name families,
We hope you all had a relaxing weekend. I am sure you know by now that our candy sale has begun! Our fundraisers are so important for our students. The school tuition does not cover the full price to educate your children so we really rely on our fundraisers to help bridge that gap. Thank you in advance for your participation in our fundraiser.
Emergency Update: All families should have received a letter about our September 25th Evacuation/ Reunification Drill and a copy of the Standard Response Protocol in their Tuesday envelopes. Please be sure to look over these papers as well as to sign and return the bottom of the drill letter. At 8PM you will be receiving a test alert from me in the form of a text, email, and/or voicemail as we continue to check our system. If you do not receive anything please be sure to call the main office tomorrow morning.
Save the Date: I know many of you have been asking about various school functions. Please see below for the dates of the events that I have been asked about. I will be sending home a flier next week with a list of all major school activities.
- Sunday, September 10th- 9:30AM Spirit Mass followed by the International Food Fair
- October 21st- Fright Fest
- October 29th- Mother/ Son Bowling Event
- December 14th- Christmas Show at 6:30PM
- January 26- Father/ Daughter Dance
- February 10th- Auction
- April 20th and 21st- 8th Grade Musical
- May 18th- K and 8th Grade Graduations
PE Update: Unfortunately Mrs. Murphy just found out last week that she needs a total knee replacement. Luckily the doctors were able to fit her in in two weeks! Due to her recovery time we have hired a long-term sub to teach K-8 PE for the remainder of this semester. We are excited to welcome Mr. Moriarty who has taught PE for Rhythm and Moves and who has been a CYO coach for years. Mr. Moriarty will begin next week so he can shadow Mrs. Murphy and meet the kids. He will officially begin serving as our PE teacher on Monday, September 11th. He is excited to teach at Holy Name as his mom was a student here! Please keep Mrs. Murphy in your thoughts and prayers- we wish her a healthy and successful surgery and recovery.
K-3 Girls Soccer Sign Ups:
to sign your daughter up for the soccer season. Please be sure to sign up by Friday.
Engineering for Kids Update:
Our Engineering for Kids teacher, Kevin, became a father yesterday! All Engineering for Kids courses are postponed until next week. An extra class will be added to the sessions. We apologize for this last minute change, and we thank you for your understanding.
As the school year begins so do shared sicknesses! If your child has a fever or is throwing up please remember to keep them home for at least twenty four hours. We would like to do our best this year to ensure as little germs come into the classrooms as possible! Thank you for your partnership on this.
Service Hour Opportunities:
Please see below for a list of upcoming service opportunities:
- On September 19th we will be converting our school gym to a STEAM Lab for the students to have some hands-on science fun! We are in need of 5 parent volunteers who can help us for the day from 8AM- 4PM. If you are able to help please email me at email@example.com
- Thursday, August 31st our Auction Committee will hold an informational/ planning meeting at 6:30PM in the Art Room. Please join us as this is our biggest fundraiser, and we need help!
- Wednesday, September 6th we will have our 1st planning meeting for our Fright Fest Fundraiser. Please join us in the Art Room at 7PM!
- Hot lunch volunteers are needed! Please call the main office for more information.
- We are still looking for four large suitcases wheels for our emergency food. If you have one to donate please bring it to the main office (1 service hour for donation).
- Friday Recess and Lunch Supervisors. We are looking for two volunteers to assist with recess and lunch supervision on Fridays from 10:45-11AM and 12:40-1:10PM. If you are able to regularly help please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extracurricular Activities: If you have not already done so, please sign your child up for the extracurricular activities of your choice by completing the online form or by returning the form that went home today. Please click here to sign up electronically
for the extracurricular classes. All money will be collected through your September FACTS. Please note that Mad Science, 2nd/3rd Engineering for Kids, and MUSE Band do not have enough students to run as of this week. If we do not get additional signups we will need to cancel the class.
We hope that you enjoy your three day weekend! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a wonderful week!
Natalie Cirigliano, Principal