Beginning April 1, 2015, Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade as offered by The Energy Network will implement the following program changes:
- Remove: Showerhead Requirement. TCVs are no longer required.
- Remove: Duct Requirement. As long as your project meets local code, we no longer require that all Home Upgrade projects involving duct work meet both the Duct Sealing and Duct Insulation requirements. You can install or seal R-6 ducts and still qualify for the Duct Sealing measure.
- Remove: Heating & Cooling Requirement. As long as your project meets local code, we no longer require that all Home Upgrade projects involving the replacement of a central air conditioner and/or central furnace must also meet the requirements for both Duct Sealing and Duct Insulation measures. You can install an AC or furnace without claiming both duct measures.
- Remove: 14 SEER Central Air Conditioner. The 15 SEER Central Air Conditioner will remain at a $750 rebate value.
- Update: Electric Water Heater will now require EF ≥ 2.00 for the same $400 rebate value.
- Add: Gas Storage Water Heater EF ≥ 0.70 with a rebate value of $450.