Upcoming Student Events for September 9-15, 2013
- Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance weekly meetings: Come join FMLA on Mondays from 12-1 p.m. in Owings-McQuagge Hall Room 111 to learn more about advocating for feminism, intersectionality, and women's rights at USM and Mississippi. Find out more here.
- IFC House Parties: Forms for IFC House Parties occurring September 19-21, are due TODAY by 4 p.m. to the Student Activities Office. Please use this form to complete and register all events.
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society Outreach Event: On behalf of Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, we are hosting a Honor Society Outreach Event on September 10, 2013, with Lambda Sigma and Gamma Beta Phi Honor Societies. The event is from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Student Activities Hub First Floor. This is a way for students to learn about the respective honor societies and find out the requirements to become involved in them. We look forward to seeing a lot of students there. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Kierra Garner at email@example.com.
- NPHC Week is this week! See below for a full listing of all that the council will be presenting to students this week.
- Dr. Bennett's Convocation for Juniors is this Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Touchdown Club. Make sure you're there if you are a junior. There is still time to sign up!
Don't forget to sign up for a Student Activities Orientation!
All student groups are required to have the president and at least one other officer attend!
- There are only three dates remaining for Student Organization Officers to attend a Student Activities Orientation. Please sign up here if you have not already done so.
Thank you to all groups that participated in InvolveMe! 2013
Over 400 students attended the annual fall involvement fair, InvolveMe! Thank you to all of our student groups and campus departments that participated. The event was a huge success because of you. Stay tuned for more information and to sign up for our spring involvement fair.
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Week September 8-13
- Monday-NPHC Alumni/Undergraduate Luau at Vernon Dahmer Park 5 - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday Baby Supply Drive 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Union Lobby. Please bring diapers, wipes, baby food, clothing (infant-18 months), medicine and baby toys to the NPHC table in the Union.
- Tuesday TCC 218 A/B 6:30 p.m.: Responsible Social Media- Responsible Social Media Program "Catfish"- Two special guest appearances from the MTV show "Catfish" will visit Southern Miss.
- Wednesday- 9/11 Observation in the Trent Lott Center Quad Rooms 12 p.m. The University of Southern Mississippi chapter of the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) and the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) will host a 9/11 Remembrance Program and Reception Wednesday, Sept. 11, at noon in the Trent Lott National Center. The event will recognize and promote charitable services and other community outreach efforts that honor the victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks. Keynote speaker will be retired Col. Sheila Varnado. Faculty, staff, students and the general public are invited to attend. Refreshments will be provided from 11:30-noon and after the dedication ceremony at 1 p.m. In addition to remembrance program, a 111-pound piece of twisted steel from the World Trade Center, will be unveiled and dedicated in its new permanent home on the second floor at the Trent Lott National Center.
- Wednesday- NPHC Informational in Joseph Green Hall at 6 p.m. The NPHC sororities and fraternities will host a joint informational for interested students. The event is open to the Southern Miss student population and admission is $10. Students should bring university IDs; check in begins promptly at 6pm
- Thursday- NPHC Hop Contest in Bennett Auditorium NPHC Sororities and Fraternities will showcase their dancing abilities in a competition for the Southern Miss student population. There is no admission fee for this event.
- Friday Community Service at Osceola McCarty Center- Please meet at Hillcrest Gravel Parking Lot at 12:30pm for a day of service.
For more information contact Trent Johnson at Trent.Johnson@eagles.usm.edu or the Greek Life Office at 601.266.4823. Follow the National Pan-Hellenic Council on facebook at USMNPHC, on twitter @usmnphc and instagram @usm_nphc.