| Our Inaugural Adventure WOD|
Saturday, April 28, 9am - ???
Unknown & Unknowable - You betcha!
We are proud to announce our very first High Voltage Adventure WOD!
Our Adventure WOD's are workouts performed out in the elements - putting your training for the Unknown & Unknowable to the test!
For our inagural Adventure, we are going to be hiking up the Burbank Hill!
Everyone will meet at 9AM on Saturday, April 28th at Crossfit High Voltage. From there, we will drive up to the base of the hill and hike up together.
- We will have 3 different hiking groups heading back down the hill at different points along the trail depending on your current fitness level and amount of adventure you're looking for!
- Recruit group: hikes the shortest distance.
- Intermediate group: hikes an average distance.
- Advanced group: hikes the longest distance
(note: these groups are based on your own level of buy in - not on your baseline times - we will all hike together, but the recruit group will have the shortest hike).
Of course, we will also be performing WODs periodically throughout the hike!
Want to join in on the fun? Of course you do. Your friends & family are also welcome to join in on the awesomeness and to give them a taste of what all the fun is about.
-Saturay, April 28 - 9am
-Meet at High Voltage, and we'll drive to the trail together.
-We will be emailing you lists of what to bring with you as the April 28 approaches.
Kettlebell Cooking Class
Saturday, April 21, 1-3:30pm at High Voltage
We're excited to be hosting another one of our nutritional seminars - The Kettlebell Cooking 'Foundations Course'! This 2.5 hour hands on seminar will be hosted by expert Chefs Stefan Niemczyk and Nikki Ledford. They will be covering everything from how to hold a knife correctly to how to best choose and prepare Paleo foods!
- This is the 'Foundations' Course - we have additional cooking courses planned, but they are all built upon the curriculum in this seminar. To attend the more advanced classes, you must first learn master these basics!
You can sign up in person (next to the whiteboard) or online by clicking this link.
- To keep the quality of instruction as high as the foods you will be preparing, this seminar is limited to the first 20 people who sign up.
-The Seminar will be held here at the box, on Saturday April 21st, from 1pm- 3:30pm.
-Space is extremely limited. Please register soon.
-Taught by our expert Chef, Stefan, and our Paleo expert, Nikki!
$30 for current members of High Voltage, $55 for the general public.
Register by clicking this link, or on the sign up sheet next to the whiteboard at the gym.
The Regional Team Shirt!
The winning design from our T-Shirt Design Contest is here...and it's freaking awesome. A HUGE High Voltage 'thank you' to every who took the time to make a submission - and a special shout out to Jordan for the winning desig!
- This is the 'jersey' that our Team will be wearing when they rep High Voltage at the SoCal Games Regionals...and it's the shirt we'll all be wearing when we roll deep and cheer them on!
These are High Quality 'Next Level Apparel' shirts -
Athletic Fit T's for the Volts
Womens Cut 'distressed' T's & Tanks for the Vixens.
Pre-Order Only by Fri, April 13 - $27
And even more on the horizon...
Because we ain't done yet...we're Ever Ready!
|April 2012 |
We will be closed on Sunday, April 8 for Easter
Tuesday, April 24, 6pm - The Return of the Vixens Class! - Our super popular 'Women's Only' class is back...and even tougher than ever. This class will meet every Tuesday night at 6pm. To take this course, you must be proficient in the 9 fundamental CrossFit movements, rowing technique, jumping rope, and be ready to sweat!
Sat, May 5, 1-3pm- Cinco de Sign Making Party
Who says arts & crafts is just for kids...come on out and help us make all the signs & swag to cheer on our Competition Team at Regionals - plus...Paleo Margaritas!
May 11-13 - High Voltage competes at Regionals - Pomona Fairplex (note, we will be closed this Saturday & Sunday so we can all go support our team!)
Mon - May 28 - Memorial Day Murph
1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, 1 mile run - a mental & physical test that every CrossFitter needs to take!
CrossFit High Voltage