What does the 2017 International Master Gardener Conference offer you?
converge in one place to offer YOU fresh thinking in the science and art of gardening. Have it your way -- choose from 44 concurrent sessions.
2. A region famed for its scenic beauty, friendliness, environmental stewardship, and visitor experience awaits YOU. Take our tours or explore on your own.
3. Fresh ingredients prepared in innovative ways to please YOUR palette in this city rooted in its farm-to-table tradition.
4. A well-rounded package of conference activities - trade show, film series, regional mixers to meet other attendees, opening reception, and tours - all to enhance YOUR conference experience.
5. Bonding with fellow Master Gardeners and gleaning best practices for YOUR Master Gardener service.
Not yet convinced? We offer more.......
6. Tax-free shopping.
7. Pleasantly warm and sunny weather (really!) in July.
8. Portland International Airport - voted the best airport in the US the 4th year in a row.
9. The Oregon Convention Center - with a well-known art collection including beautiful ceramic tiles in the women's rest room.
10. Portlandia! - Powell's City of Books, Voodoo Doughnut, Stumptown Coffee, Portland International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland Japanese Garden, Portland Farmers Market......
Sharon Andrews, Clackamas County Master Gardener and photographer of the 2017 IMGC, provided all the photos.
Key dates for the 2017 IMGC:
Early Bird registration: October 10, 2016 through January 13, 2017