Decisions made at the Federal Communications Commission and on Capitol Hill directly impact the potential of success for your business. During
The INCOMPAS 2018 Policy Summit
, you can learn more about the most pressing issues at the intersection of business and policy.
February 7 at the Newseum in Washington, D.C., the Policy Summit will feature panel discussions with leaders from companies such as Facebook, Microsoft and Windstream. Topics include:
- Competition Comes Home: How Connected Devices and the Internet of Things Will Shape the Future - Connected devices like Nest products, Amazon Echo, Google Home and autonomous vehicles are growing in popularity, and changing the way we live and work. As IoT becomes more ubiquitous and people embrace connected devices, this panel will address how we can ensure security and privacy, address broadband network demands, and foster competition and innovation.
- Building the Future: Deployment Solutions for Fiber & Wireless Infrastructure - This panel will focus on the state of broadband deployment and how current and proposed policies are impacting deployment efforts. The panelists will examine legislation introduced in the 115th Congress, as well as various regulatory proceedings at the FCC, and address what steps should both the government and private industry be taking to grow investment and innovation while speeding broadband deployment.
- Streaming Revolution: Content & Services in an Over-the-Top World - Open internet policy unleashed a streaming revolution for entertainment and business services. OTT services are saving consumers money, and investing record amounts into new creative content. During this panel, you will hear from content companies about how they are transforming businesses offerings with OTT products and services.
- CTOs' Perspective on the Technology of Tomorrow: The Future of Business Strategy - In a rapidly evolving technological environment, companies must make strategic choices regarding where to focus their investment and development efforts. On this panel, you will hear directly from the CTOs who are integral in making those tactical decisions.
The INCOMPAS 2018 Policy Summit attendees also will have the opportunity to hear keynote addresses from top policymakers and lawmakers:
- FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn
- Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA)
- Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH)
- Rep. Peter Welch (D-VT)
The Policy Summit will conclude with a happy hour, offering valuable networking opportunities.
For more information, or to learn how you can sponsor this premier policy event, email Jenny Gilbert.