For further information about the election process, please refer to
Article V Section 3 of ATAA Bylaws and
Part VI of ATAA Policies & Procedures Manual. Excerpts from the related portions of these documents are provided below for your reference.
Article V, Section 3 of ATAA Bylaws (Nominations and Elections)
The Nominating Committee will consist of three past Presidents of the Assembly and two members elected by the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee shall seek candidates from each component association and from among the Assembly Members in preparing its slate of nominees. The slate may consist of one or more names for each office. In preparing its slate, the Nominating Committee shall consider:
* Demonstrated potential for component service at the national level;
* Geographical balance towards achieving nationwide representation.
1. President (if needed), President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Regional Vice Presidents shall be elected by the Assembly Members in good standing through mail ballot.
2. The slate of candidates prepared by the nominating committee and the ballots shall be mailed to the Assembly Members at least sixty (60) days prior to the annual meeting. Elections shall be completed thirty (30) days prior to the annual meeting. The nominees with the highest number of votes shall be the Officers. In the event of a tie vote, the Assembly of Delegates shall elect by secret ballot the winner from among the candidates with equal votes.
Excerpt from PART VI of the ATAA Policies and Procedures Manual.
(Qualifications for nominees for BOD and BOT)
The nominees for the Board of Directors, the President and Board of Trustees should generally be outstanding members of the community and should possess the following specific attributes:
- Nominees for BOD membership must have the necessary communication skills to be able to perform their duties
- The nominees must have resided at least five (5) years in the USA
- The nominees must have served in ATAA or local and regional organizations and must have demonstrated leadership skills
Excerpts from Article V, Section 5 of ATAA Bylaws (Duties of Officers)
The duties of the officers shall be those specified herein, or as ordered by the Assembly of Delegates, or as directed by the Board of Directors.
The Regional Vice Presidents shall coordinate major functions of the Assembly with the component associations in their respective regions. They shall keep in constant communication with the component associations and assure an effective working relationship between the component association and the Assembly. They shall be the representatives of the Assembly Members in their regions.
The Treasurer shall:
1) Have charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds of the Assembly and perform all duties incident to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as from time-to-time may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors or the Board of Trustees;
2) Keep full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in books belonging to the Assembly;
3) Deposit all monies and other valuables to the credit of the Assembly in such depositories as may be designated by the Board of Directors or the Board of Trustees;
4) Attend the Board of Trustees meetings and provide liaison between the Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees;
5) Serve as a voting member of the Central Fund Raising Committee.