Behavioral health conditions affect nearly one of five Americans, leading to healthcare costs of $57 billion a year, on par with cancer, according to a 2009 AHRQ brief.
Despite this impact, and the ACA's provision for behavioral healthcare as an essential health benefit, progress toward total integration of behavioral healthcare into the primary care system has been slow.
2015 Healthcare Benchmarks: Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care captures healthcare's efforts to achieve healthcare parity and honor the joint principles of the patient-centered medical home, including a whole person orientation and provision of coordinated and/or integrated care.
For more information or to order your copy today, please visit:
This 40-page report, based on responses by 113 healthcare organizations to HIN's inaugural industry survey on this emerging trend, compiles a wealth of metrics on current and planned integration, levels of integration achieved, program components, screening tools, challenges, impacts and successes.
Supported with dozens of graphs and tables, these 2015 market metrics capture trends in integration of behavioral health and primary care, including the impact of integration on population health and organizational metrics.
Breaking down findings by high-responding industry sectors, this report includes the following data points:
and much more.
- Prevalence of integrated programs;
- Level of behavioral and physical health integration achieved, as defined by the Collaborative Family Health Care Association;
- Use of telehealth for behavioral health consults;
- Populations served by integrated programs;
- Behavioral health screening tools used in integrated programs;
- Program components, including metrics on peer support, substance abuse treatment, Medicaid health homes, case management, and more;
- Healthcare professionals belonging to the integrated care team;
- Most effective tools, workflows or protocols in integrated programs, in respondents' own words;
- Greatest challenges and successes of integrating behavioral health with primary care;
- Details on planned program integrations;
- The complete June 2015 Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care survey tool;
Order your copy today online:
This benchmark report is designed to meet business and planning needs of health plans, employers, managed care organizations, physician organizations, health systems, and health coaching, disease management, behavioral health, case management and health IT companies and others by providing critical benchmarks in care coordination of patients with chronic illness.
This report is part of the HIN Healthcare Benchmarking series, which provides continuous qualitative data on industry trends to empower healthcare companies to assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve by comparing organizational performance to reported metrics.
If you are already a Healthcare Benchmark series member, then this report is FREE for you.
Available in Single or Multi-User Licenses
A multi-user license will provide you with the right to install and use this information on your company's computer network for an unlimited number of additional workstations within your organization for a one-time fee. To have this valuable resource on your network, or to inquire about ordering bulk copies in print or Adobe PDF, please e-mail email@example.com or call 888-446-3530.
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: