To: Families who may have high school students interested
in celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation
Please plan to attend one of the
Parent/Teen Meetings for the upcoming Faith Formation year. These meetings will be held on Saturday, July 28, at 9:00am, or Sunday, July 29, at 10:00am.
Each meeting will be held on the Parish Center Lower Level, last approximately one hour, and will be used to explain the two-year Confirmation process at St. Thomas More. Attendance at ONE of these meetings is mandatory to be officially enrolled in our Confirmation program.
If you have not yet registered for the 2018/2019 Faith Formation year, please contact the Faith Formation Office to receive a registration packet.
registration paperwork and payments will be accepted at either of the meetings.
Completed registration means:
- Completed Parish Registration or letter from current pastor giving permission to prepare your child to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Thomas More.
- Fully completed Registration Form (Purple)
- Fully completed and signed Emergency Medical Card (Yellow)
- A copy of your child’s Baptism and First Communion certificates
Please come to the meeting with a decision made about your choice of Ministry within the Parish. Ministry service is part of the Confirmation process, and you are expected to serve a minimum of twice a month in your chosen Ministry. Service Logs will be provided for verification. Spots are limited for each Ministry, so please have a first and second choice when you come to the meeting. Your choices are:
- Hospitality (Saturdays 5:00pm Mass or Sundays 8:30am or 10:30am Masses)
- Altar Server (Saturdays 5:00pm Mass or Sundays 8:30am or 10:30am Masses)
- Genesis Helper (3-5 year olds - Sundays 10:20am-12:00pm)
- ARK Nursery Helper (0-5 year olds – Sundays 10:20am-12:00pm)
- REACH Helper (Grades 1-5 – Sundays 12:20-2:00pm)
- On- on-One Helper to a disabled child who needs a buddy (REACH Grades 1-5 on Sundays from 12:20-2:00pm or Middle School EDGE Grades 6-8 on Sundays from 2:45-4:30pm.)
- Knights of Columbus Assistant Works K of C events like Treasures Rummage Sale, Friday Fish Dinners during Lent, Solutions for Change events, and as needed.
- Tommy’s Café Barista Sundays 8:00-10:00 or 10:0aam-12:00pm (following 8:30am and 10:30am Masses)
- Youth Group Assistant (Monday evenings 5:30-8:00pm) Responsibilities include meal prep with Tilly, set up of games, etc., and clean up)
Parents and Teens, please bring your phones to the meeting so that you may enter important dates into your calendars. I also ask that you join our Confirmation Texting Group to stay on top of the reminder texts and events taking place over the summer.
- For Year 1 Confirmation (2020) please text CONF1 to the number 84576
- For Year 2 Confirmation (2019) please text CONF2 to the number 84576
I look forward to seeing you all. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and would like more information about our Confirmation program.
Questions? Contact Debbie Fredette, Director of Faith Formation