First Press Weekly e-News
August 9, 2018
Our weekly e-news is a snapshot of what is happening in the near future here at FPC. If you have any questions please call the church office at 770-786-7321, or send us an e-mail
To view our weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters, click HERE.
ONLINE DIRECTORY Stay in touch with your FPC family by logging into REALM where you
will find an online directory and up-to-date records of your giving. If you don't already have a login for the site, contact Peni Kehoe at the church office via e-mail
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
If you haven't seen our page on Facebook recently, please be sure to "like" us and add us to one of your "interest lists". Use the button below to find us.
Last Sunday's worship service and farewell luncheon for
Billy & Theodosia Wade was a delightful expression of the love of Jesus Christ in this church family, made possible by the hard work of too many people to mention individually. If you are one who gave your time, talents and treasures to this effort...
We continue to be especially grateful for the leadership of our
during this time of transition. With our prayers and support, they will lead us into the next chapter of the story that God is calling us to.
Interim Pastor Nominating Committee has finished their first round of interviews. We hope to have good news and a final selection to present to the congregation soon.
Please continue to pray with and for us.
Interim Pastor Nominating Committee
When you join us for worship this
Sunday, August 12th
, you will have the pleasure of meeting our guest preacher, the
Rev. Mary Jane Cornell.
is the granddaughter, daughter, mother, and mother-in-law of Presbyterian ministers. She is a graduate of Agnes Scott College and Columbia Seminary. After serving for 36 years as a pastor in the PC(USA) she retired from the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta in 2017. In addition to doing occasional pulpit supply during the past year, she has enjoyed traveling with her husband, especially trips to Boston and Dallas to visit their sons, daughter-in-law, and grandson. (Let her know if you want to see more pictures of 22-month old Owen!).
The monthly stated meeting of the FPC Session will be held this
Sunday, August 12th following worship. Bob Tabb will be in charge of the meal and devotion.
We will plan to start the meeting at 1:00pm as our Moderator during this interim period, the Rev. Kevin Hicks, will need to come from his church in Conyers, GA after Sunday services.
Youth Connection Planning
Sunday, August 19th,
Parents and youth (6th through 12th grades)...as we kick-off our activities for the new school year we will be planning together so that we can involve as many students as possible in all that we do. Pam & Jim Stillerman have once again graciously invited us out to their house for a pool party and dinner. Here are the details:
- Arrive at 4:00 p.m. for swimming
- Dinner at 6:00 p.m.
- Departure time is 7:00 p.m.
- Bring appropriate swimming attire & sunscreen
- Bring a dish or dessert to share
- Bring your calendars and we'll discuss plans in the shade while the kids soak up the sun.
We need to know how many people to expect so that we can make sure we have plenty of food for everyone. Please contact Dan Walden at the church office or by text at 404-405-3559 to let us know that you plan to attend ASAP. Friends are always welcomed!!
Praise & Prayers
Our sympathy and prayers are with the family of
Jan Coulon who died last week. A memorial service was held on Wednesday, August 8th.
Please keep the following people and their families in your thoughts and prayers this week:
- Sam Boathen - ill (uncle of Serwaa Amuzu)
- Betty Strohecker - hospice (mother of Diane Loeble)
- Annett Eaten - cancer (aunt of Milton Patton)
- Larry Kennon - home (no visitors)
- Adriane Ivey - home
- Mark Fogarty - cancer
- Charles Woods - surgery (friend of Bill Cobham)
- Beverly Star Edmonds - cancer (mother of Steve Kapp)
- Saundra Evans - hip surgery (sister of Bill Cobham)
- Patti Lanford - bus accident
- Harry Hicks - heart surgery (father of Doug Hicks)
- Spencer Boyd - cancer
- 3037 Pine Needle Rd. August, GA 30909-3047
- Lewis Bunn - stage 4 lung cancer (father of Alan Bunn)
- Angela Gregory - cancer (sister of Dave Gregory)
- Roger Wallace - home
- Sharon Wallace - back surgery (sister of Debbie Gossage)
- Sophia Hawley--Cystic Fibrosis (home)
- Roger Gossage - home
- Tom Holmes - cancer (friend of Dan Walden)
- Clynton Byer - heart surgery (friend of the Ardis family)
- Brandon Massey - blood cancer (grandson of Chuck & Sherry Brasher)
- Jeanette Davis - hospice care (mother of Maria Davis)
- Ethan Lassiter - brain tumor (8 y.o. grandson of E.G. and Maryanne Lassiter)
- David Cooper - lung cancer (father of Rebecca Bates)
- Anderson Krieger--chemotherapy at home
- Carol Baynes--cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Robin McKeown - cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Chuck Hodges--treatment for lymphoma (friend of Patti Lanford)
- Ron Swatty--heart problems (brother-in-law of Charles Ardis)
- Mitchell Jessup--cancer (father of Nick Jessup)
Please update your prayer requests this week!