Action for the week:
In my journal today I wrote the word uncle while some of my current frustrations surfaced. Instantly, I connected with what it meant and let go of the need to control.
I felt much better as a result. This week "cry uncle." It will give you some relief and help you feel more peaceful. Empowered too.
- Find a quiet spot where you will not be disturbed.
- Take some deep breaths and clear your head.
- Allow yourself to feel your current frustrations.
- Acknowledge what has really been bothering you and what has been keeping you from fully enjoying life.
- Just be open and honest with yourself.
- Then let the tears flow, the anger surface, and any other emotions that rise pass on through your mind.
- Don't judge what comes to your mind and just let it all flow out of you, rise from within and float on by like clouds in the sky.
- Next, relax into a feeling of full surrender, have mercy on yourself and see how your need to control and make life work out a certain way may actually be the very thing that is holding you back. What's more, sometimes the very thing that we are looking for and wanting is within our midst, yet we are still holding on to some frustrations that keep us from knowing peace.
Don't fear that what you really want isn't possible. Look at this as a way to make room for some better options and release some stored up negativity that may be weighing you down.
You can journal your frustrating thoughts if that is appealing to you. I find that it is the greatest tool that I can use for transformation. Journaling gave me my life
back--it brought me peace. It still does! After you write your thoughts down on paper, mentally surrender. If you find it helpful, tear up the paper that you wrote on as a symbol of your desire to let your frustrations go and experience peace instead.
Cry uncle and find peace. It is there waiting on you.
Thoughts for the week:
My frustrations will fade once I let them
rise and trust that I am fine.