The Smoke-Free Ontario Act prohibits smoking of tobacco in enclosed public places and workplaces.
Beginning July 1, 2018, smoking of medical cannabis and the use of electronic cigarettes (including those containing medical cannabis) in enclosed public places and workplaces (including work vehicles) is also prohibited.
Employers have several obligations under this legislation including:
• Ensuring compliance with the Smoke-Free Ontario Act
• Giving notice to employees or patrons that these areas are smoke and vape-free
• Posting no smoking and no vaping signs
• Ensuring no ashtrays are present in the smoke-free areas
• Ensuring person(s) who do not comply do not remain in the area
Read the complete Smoke-Free Ontario Act
and the Regulations
Free no smoking and no vaping signs are available from Public Health Services.