We are just about ready! The Kansas Presidential Preference Caucus is just about here - Saturday, March 10, 2012, 10 AM - 1 PM.
Our JCRP Office phone has been "ringing off the hook" the last several days. Our inbox has been flooded with questions.
If you or someone you know has questions, refer them to this link, which will answer most questions - who, what, why when where and how:
For the full story about the Johnson County caucuses: www.jcrpks.org/Caucus-2012.html
We have also been sent kind responses - here are a few replies we received:
"Thank you for your prompt response. I am just thrilled that you have so many locations!"
"I have been involved in many caucuses across the nation, this is the most well organized caucus in the country."
"You have really thought through everything..."
"Your informational communications have been great! My husband and I have never been in a caucus."
"Thanks for allowing me to bring my children, they need to learn how we select our president."
I share these replies, because I wanted to praise our tremendous group of volunteers. They have worked tirelessly to prepare for this caucus. I also want to thank nearly 300 volunteers that will be involved in helping make this event successful in our county. No one working on the JCRP caucus is paid. Here is a picture I took last night of our office. Seven tables all set with a full supply of seven sets of caucus materials - one for each site.
Here is the good question of the day: Which door do I use to enter my caucus site? As you approach the property, you will begin seeing the official JCRP Caucus sign. Here is what it looks like:
As you enter the driveway, look for these signs, they will lead you to the correct parking lot, and up the correct sidewalk to the correct entry door.
Two ways to experience the caucus.
- "Full and Expanded Version:" Arrive in time to enter when we open the doors for check-in at 9 AM, speeches begin at 10 AM, voting will begin at 10:20. The caucus process closes at 1 PM. Unless we have too many people, you can stay, listen to the speeches and vote when you are ready to leave. There will be speakers for each campaign at approximately 10 AM, 11 AM, and 12 Noon. The caucus will close at 1 PM.
- "Express lane version" If you are on a tight schedule, and want to go through the caucus "express lane," we suggest you come after 10:30, but before 12:45 PM. You will be able to quickly navigate the check-in lanes, cast your ballot, and go about your day. You will not be required to wait to hear the speeches after 10:30 AM.
We have equipped each sight to process up to 4,000 registered Republican voters. The idea was to create the opportunity for nearly 30,000 people to participate during the three hour window.
Answer to the most frequently asked question:
Any registered Republican from Johnson County can vote at any of the seven JCRP caucus locations.
We are honored to have some notable speakers on Saturday.
Congressman Ron Paul will speak at approximately
- 9:15 AM Shawnee Mission Northwest
- 10:00 AM Shawnee Mission West
- 10:30 AM Shawnee Mission South
- 11:00 AM Shawnee Mission East
Kathy Gingrich Lubbers, daughter of Newt Gingrich, will be speaking::
- 9:30 AM Shawnee Mission South
- 10:10 AM Olathe Northwest
- 10:40 AM Olathe South
- 11:15 AM Shawnee Mission West
Several of our caucus sites will feature a brief appearance by Congressman Kevin Yoder and Lt. Governor Jeff Colyer. Many of our local elected Republican officials will have info tables so you can meet them. Come for the good times with all Republicans.
We also thank all our caucus sponsors who helped provide funding for putting the caucus together. Please see the banner below, you will note we have many wonderful people, elected officials, businesses and individuals that have given. You are welcome to bring a contribution on Saturday to help cover expenses and grow our party to greater effectiveness.
Please keep getting the word out to your Johnson County Republican friends, neighbors, co-workers, help them get to the nearest location to vote on Saturday. Please forward this email.
We are honored to serve you,
Johnson County Republican Party