Notice of Intent
DOA/DOI Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP)
FY 13 Funding Opportunity Notice (FON)
The interagency Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP)
intends to request proposals through one or more formal FON announcements approximately October 1, 2012 through November 16, 2012
. The intent of this notice is to provide an early alert to investigators interested in the topics listed here so that investigators can begin considering their interest in submitting a proposal(s), and can begin discussing responsive ideas with potential partners and collaborators.
Investigators should recognize that final decisions regarding topic selection will not be made until September, 2012, and that final topic selection is likely to differ from that posted here. One or more topics could be dropped or added, and the specific focus of individual topics may be altered. Investigators should recognize this uncertainty and not invest substantial time or resources working on proposals until the FONs are formally posted.
Investigators should not contact the Program Office or Governing Board for further information on these topics, and no further information will be known or released until the Funding Opportunity Notice is formally posted around October 1, 2012.
The Notice of Intent (NOI) announcing potential JFSP topics for the FY13 announcement is now posted on Grants.gov. The NOI can be found on the grants.gov page by searching for CFDA #15.232. Click here to view announcement.
- Develop a fire smoke health risk assessment framework
- Determine fire smoke consequences of projected future climate and ecosystems in the United States
- Fuels treatment effectiveness: Economics
- Fuels treatment effectiveness: Restoration
- Masticated fuelbeds effects on combustion and fire behavior
- Fire effects on soil and water
- Fuel treatments and conservation of sensitive species of gallinaceous birds
- Graduate Research Innovation (GRIN) award
- Dataset archival
- Conference support