ALL LIP PRODUCTS
10% OFF ALL CMB. GALE HAYMAN AND FLORI ROBERTS LIPSTICKS AND LIP GLOSS FROM $15 TO $13.50.
10% OFF ALL LIP PENCILS FROM $14 TO $12.60.
So stock up now!!
LONG DISTANCE COLOR ANALYSIS IS NOW AVAILABLE.
If you live outside the Washington DC metropolitan area and want to know which colors harmonize best with and enhance your own skin, hair and eyes, you are now in luck. The result will be the same as if you were sitting right in my home studio. You will receive your customized color wheel with instructions on how to use it. And I can send you makeup as well.
Think about giving this unique gift to yourself, mother, daughter, father, boss, graduate, or any special person in your life on any gift-giving occasion. I can be reached at email@example.com.
ON SALE IN JUNE
The following items are available for purchase and hughly discounted since I will no longer be carrying jewelry.
- Sterling silver/mother of pearl ring size 7 from $150 to $35.
- Swarovski crystal half moon earrings good for diamond or v-triangle face shape for $16
- Black drop earrings best for round, heart or oval face shape for $13
- Small pearls good for 2nd hole or young person for $11
- Square clip-on earrings in gold and silver best for rectangular face shape for $12.
Let me know if interested in seeing a picture of or purchasing any of the earrings.
TIPS FOR FINDING THE MOST FLATTERING BATHING SUIT FOR YOUR BODY TYPE
I know that most of us would rather do almost anything other than shop for a bathing suit. However, many swimming pools are now opened and the weather will soon be stifling so it is time to make sure you have something suitable to wear to go swimming or to sit by a pool. Hopefully some of the following tips can make that daunting task a bit easier for you.
- Look for a suit that provides a touch of padding, or an underwire that can create decolletage.
- Horizontal stripes, smocking and ruffles around the neckline can create a fuller illusion.
- String bikinis work well for a small bosom (if you also have a relatively flat tummy).
- One-piece cutout suits create curves.
- Avoid bandeau-style tops and dark-colored tank styles as they diminish curves.
- Find a one-piece with some structure in the bust such as a shelf or underwire bra.
- Wide shoulder straps will be most comfortable.
- If you want a bikini, look for styles that are banded around the midriff and can be tied in back and around the neck to provide some lift while allowing you to make adjustments for a personal fit.
- Avoid strapless or bandeau tops which offer little or no support. Details like ruffles or shirring around the chest should also be avoided.
- Select suits with eye-catching tops and darker bottoms to draw attention away from the hips and rear.
- High-cut bottoms lengthen legs and have a slimming effect.
- Sarong, skirted or boy short bottoms provide more coverage.
- Avoid printed and light colored bottoms.
Tummy Issues or Thick Middle
- One-piece suits with side shirring, ruching or built-in control panels hide belly bulges.
- Diagonal lines, chevron patterns and dark side panels that curve in at the waist have slimming effects.
- Suits with high lycra content -- like Miracle Suits -- provide more tummy control.
- High-waisted bottoms flatter the midsection.
- Avoid styles that cut across the body horizontally.
- Try halter-style suits. Bathing shits that tie around the neck create a flattering silhouette at the shoulder line that takes attention away from heavy arms.
- Horizontal stripes and detailing across the midsection balance the figure.
- Tankinis with high-cut bottoms are ideal. The horizontal break helps the body look better proportioned.
- Cutout one-piece suits break up the torso area.
- Boy shorts and ruffled skirts work well.
- Avoid one-piece suits that are too short in the body and styles with vertical stripes and high necks.
- Bikinis with bottoms that sit low on the hips help expose as much skin as possible in the torso area and create length.
- One-piece suits with plunging necklines and or cut high on the thigh create a continual longer appearance
- Vertical stripes can visually lengthen the body
- Solid bottoms with printed tops draw the eye up and create a longer look
- Avoid high-waisted bikini bottoms and suits with horizontal stripes in the midsection. Also avoid boy shorts and skirted bottoms that will draw the eye down and shorten you.
***To keep your swimsuit looking like new, it should fit snuggly and smooth allowing less room for pool chemicals and saltwater to do their damage. Rinse your suit with fresh water after each swim and wash occasionally with a mild cleanser. Always air dry your suit and try not to sit on abrasive surfaces like the edge of the pool. Wear a pareo, sarong or cover-up to protect your swimsuit fabric.
- Try a vivid lip color when wearing a brightly colored dress.
- When wearing pale or pastel colors, keep nails neutral or natural.
- If you haven't changed your makeup colors in a while, consider making an appointment with me for an update. If you have been to me before, there is no charge for my time.
- If you think your skincare regimen no longer works for you, come see me.
- If you find yourself buying clones of the clothing you already own and want to expand your wardrobe, ask me for a personal shopping appointment.
- If you look in your closet each morning and feel like you have nothing to wear, email me for a closet "surgery" appointment.
If you are active on Facebook, like me on my Facebook page or simply click on the icon below.
Get in touch!