Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 lb ground turkey
1 garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp kosher salt
3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
6 tbsp part skim shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly spray olive oil spray in a medium nonstick skillet and heat on a
3. Add onion, garlic and cilantro and sauté about 2 minutes, add ground turkey,
salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is
completely cooked through.
4. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Mix well and
simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
5. Combine cooked rice and meat together.
6. Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup
meat mixture into each pepper half and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top
each with 1 tbsp. cheese.
7. Pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover