On December 4, I started my new role as Executive Director at CILO. I am very excited to be here and look forward to continuing in the footsteps of my predecessor, Lin Laing. My thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome I have received.
In the few weeks I have been here, I have enjoyed learning from our dedicated staff team and meeting with some consumers we serve throughout Ohio and Kentucky. Our mission serves a very specific niche in these communities and provides so many vital services. I am told we are one of the best kept secrets in Cincinnati and I am committed to see that change.
In the coming year, here are ten things I would ask you to consider doing in support of CILO:
1) LEARN more about Independent Living by
2) FOLLOW us on social media (
3) VISIT our
Art Beyond Boundaries Gallery
in Over the Rhine and see some of the amazing work done by artists with disabilities.
4) SUPPORT our
Welcome Home Project
by donating personal care items and other essentials needed by consumers.
5) DESIGNATE YOUR SHOPPING AT KROGER toward benefitting CILO. You can do this online by
. Our organization number is #49379 and CILO will get a percentage of your purchases, while not impacting your fuel points.
6) ENCOURAGE your local, state, and federal elected officials to maintain support for affordable housing initiatives.
about the vital services we provide.
8) Do you SHOP on Amazon? Support CILO by designating us as your charity of choice at
. Login the same way you would with your regular Amazon account. CILO will receive 0.5% of eligible purchases.
9) ADVOCATE on behalf of people with disabilities with local, state, and federal elected officials.
10) Contact me or
, our Development Director, about other ways YOU can make a long-term or short-term personal investment in the organization.
I want to hear from you. Please feel free to call me at the office or contact me by
. I wish you and your families a joyous and prosperous 2018 and may we all go from strength to strength.