Provide overall leadership for the Amazing Kids Club (babysitting) program at the Southington Community YMCA. resulting in a safe and nurturing environment while providing an enjoyable program for children.
- Have at least 3 years of child care experience in a day care type setting.
- Have the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Continuously follow and promote the YMCA philosophy and mission.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Be at least 21 years old and hold a high school diploma; college degree in a related child care field would be a plus.
- Be of good moral character and have values aligned with the YMCA.
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a nurturing, friendly and outgoing personality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations of Amazing Kids Club including scheduling, behavior modification techniques and staff supervision of staff
- Provide daily communication to parents regarding children
- Responsible for meeting all quality and safety standards in the program area
- Ensure the Child Development Director is notified immediately of any safety issues
- Be a positive role model for children and other staff
- Ensure the program area is kept clean and free from potential hazards
- Hire, supervise, motivate, and evaluate Amazing Kids staff
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Attend all meetings/trainings as required
- Play a leadership role in training/mentoring other staff
- Follow all Southington-Cheshire Community YMCA policies and procedures
- Serve as a YMCA ‘ambassador’ in the Southington community
- Hourly rate will be $13 to $16 per hour depending on experience
- Hours are Monday – Friday with some weekend work
- Hours 25 to 29 hours per week
For questions regarding the position, please contact Katie Sherman, Director of Child Development at
Resumes are being accepted until January 19, 2018.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must complete and pass a criminal background check.