We're pleased to announce that ARC USA is now officially open for entry! Come and join the fun in Nanny Cay and sail back home to the USA or explore a new cruising ground.
ARC USA 2014
The event, previously known as Atlantic Cup to our veteran sailors, will depart Nanny Cay, BVI on May 3, 2014, and is the perfect way to conclude the winter sailing season in the Caribbean. Meet up with old and new friends alike back in the friendly confines of Nanny Cay Marina, and make a proper cruise of it back home.
One Rally - Two Routes
For the second straight year we are officially supporting two routes - via Bermuda and via the Old Bahama Channel.
Route 1: Nanny Cay, BVI - St. Georges, Bermuda - Portsmouth, VA
Route 2, 'Old Bahama Channel': Nanny Cay, BVI - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Yachts sailing to Bermuda will re-start after a short stay and social program in St. Georges for Leg 2, which sees them crossing the Gulf Stream and heading towards Portsmouth, VA, for the finish and final social program. Yachts sailing to Ft. Lauderdale, FL, will receive a welcome and social program on arrival.
Also for the second straight year, the Bermuda route will coincide with ARC Europe, providing the opportunity to sail in an even bigger fleet, and to share stories and culture from our European friends heading back across the pond. For the adventurous among you, consider joining ARC Europe and turning east from Bermuda, making the leap across the Atlantic!
Like all World Cruising Club events, joining ARC USA brings a host of benefits to rally participants, including:
- Comprehensive rally handbook, including local information on Bermuda, Portsmouth & Ft. Lauderdale
- Week long pre-departure program in Nanny Cay, including safety inspections, seminars, happy hours, live flare and liferaft demonstrations and more
- At-sea weather forecasting from WRI
- At-sea yacht tracking, displayed on the ARC USA website
- At-sea radio net
- Two different routes to choose from - via Bermuda, or through the Old Bahama Channel
- Prizegiving and social program during the Bermuda stopover
- Welcome on arrival and social program in Ft. Lauderdale, FL & Portsmouth, VA
- Professionally run shore team to answer any and all questions before the event and while you're at sea - we're only a sat phone call away!
Join Us Now!
The entry list is now open for registration. A 5% discount for our new participants, and a 20% discount to 2013 ARC Caribbean 1500 and ARC participants is applicable on the Boat Entry Fee if entry fee is received by the organizers before December 31, 2013.
Feel free to give us a call with any questions! We'll of course be leading the festivities in Nanny Cay & Bermuda, so it will be great to see everyone back in the island culture next spring!
If you have any questions about ARC USA or any of our rallies, please call the World Cruising Club office on 757-788-8872 Monday-Friday 9am to 5.30pm, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know someone who may be interested, please forward this email by clicking on the link below:
Andy & Mia