"Compass Center is so excited to join a host of local and national organizations to celebrate Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM). Compass Center's staff members and committed volunteers have worked hard to arrange engaging events throughout the month of October that educate the community about the impact of domestic violence and the helpful services available to assist people experiencing intimate partner violence. I hope you will join us this month as we honor individuals who share their triumphant stories of survival."
- Cordelia Heaney, Executive Director.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- Kick Off Happy Hour event at The Crunkleton in Chapel Hill.
100% of sales from the drink, Elderflower Sour, will go to Compass Center.
Tuesday, Oct. 11
- Coffee Conversation at the
- a UNC DV awareness panel discussion event hosted by Carolina Women's Center and UNC Men's Project.
Thursday, Oct. 13
- DVAM Movie "Behind Closed Doors" at the Varsity Theater co-sponsored with UNC Hospital's Beacon Program and the Carolina Women's Center. Followed by panel discussion. (6:30pm)
Sunday, Oct. 16
- Film Screening and panel discussion at
Motorco Music Hall
in Durham, hosted by the LGBT Center of Raleigh
Thursday, Oct. 27
- Arts Night at Chapel Hill Library- Scheduled performers, speakers, music and spoken word.
You can learn more details about these and other community DVAM events on Compass Center's website at www.compassctr.org.