Leadership Development, Networking, Jewish Learning, and How-Tos to Strengthen Our Congregation Will Be Center Stage
With the theme of "Reimagining Jewish Life," our congregation will join with hundreds of others from across North America at the URJ Biennial 2017 from December 6-10 in Boston, MA. And you need to be a part of it!
What is the Biennial?
The URJ Biennial is the largest Jewish gathering in North America. The Biennial will bring together 5,000 Reform leaders, including lay leaders, professionals, clergy, and youth leaders representing 1.5 million North American Reform Jews. Together, we'll learn, pray, share ideas, network, celebrate, and make decisions about the future of Reform Jewish life. We'll return to Temple Judea armed with new resources and ideas, as well as with the enthusiasm and know-how to put them to use to strengthen and enrich our spiritual home.
Who should attend?
Those who should plan to be with us in Boston include clergy, board members, and lay leaders at all levels, as well as synagogue professionals, youth group leaders, and anyone else interested in learning, praying, and hearing inspiring speakers.
What happens at Biennial?
- Networking, learning, and sharing with other congregational leaders
- Plenaries and breakout sessions featuring renowned speakers
- Important discussions and debates about today's critical issues and the direction of Reform Judaism
- World-class Jewish music and entertainment
- Inspiring worship
- Amazing shopping in the Biennial Exhibit Hall
- ...and so much more!
What's in it for our congregation?
- Programming tailored to us: Sessions cover a wide range of topics, offering how-tos and hands-on learning for all facets of congregational life - from membership and outreach to leadership development, from social justice to social media, and everything in between.
- Five intensive "tracks": These tracks will focus on the core congregational priorities of Strengthening Congregations, Tikkun Olam (social action), Audacious Hospitality, Youth Engagement, and Transforming Texts. We can customize our Biennial experience based on our specific needs.
- Leadership development: Biennial is a great, cost-effective way to gain knowledge, skills, and leadership training, and to network with our peers from other congregations. Many synagogues use the Biennial as the perfect opportunity for a leadership/board retreat.
- Strengthening our relationships: The shared experience of Biennial offers a rare opportunity to strengthen our bonds with each other as members of one temple family.
- A Jewish pick-me-up: We'll return home spiritually refreshed, more deeply connected to our Reform Movement, and full of new and creative ideas to try in our congregation.
How do we sign up?
You can find lots of information and register right now at www.urj.org/biennial. If we register by October 10, we'll get the best pricing. The larger our delegation, the greater our benefits and discounts - so let's save the dates now and start making our plans.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested in attending the Biennial or have any questions. Let's send a strong delegation to Boston this December, and we will return even stronger!
Temple Judea Biennial Co-Chair
Temple Judea Biennial Co-Chair
Sharon Israel Moskovitz
Director of Engagement and Outreach