It's All There...In LeClaire!
Happy New Year! LeClaire is open all year round, so join us for winter sales, First Friday, Be A Tourist In Your Own Backyard weekend, bald eagle presentations, a Taste of LeClaire, Antifreeze 2018, fun events at the Library, and much more! Enjoy shopping, touring, wining, and dining, too! Be sure and browse the "news" and "save the date" sections at the end of this e-news and start making plans to #VisitLeClaire all year! More information about LeClaire, Iowa, can be found on our website at:
Friday, January 5, 5pm-Midnight: First Friday.
Don't let the cold slow you down - First Friday is this week! Enjoy fun food and cocktail sampling at the Mississippi River Distilling Co., wine tasting at Wide River Winery, live music at Mississippi River Distilling Co., Faithful Pilot & Green Tree Brewery, restaurant specials, and some shops open late.
- Faithful Pilot Café & Spirits, 8-11pm: Live music by blues musician, Matt Woods.
- Green Tree Brewery has live music by Doug Brundies from 8-11pm and release of Russian Ruckus, their BA Imperial Stout.
- LeClaire Olive Oil Company is open late.
- Mississippi River Distilling Company will have food and cocktail sampling and the Cody Road Cocktail House is open until midnight. Live music with distiller Ryan Burchett on the keys from 7-10pm. Free food and drink samples from 5-8pm.
- Razzleberries is open late with specials throughout the whole store. Get some great steals and deals!
- Royal-Tea is open until 8pm.
Saturday, January 6, 7:30-10:30pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Greg and Rich Acoustic Duo.
Friday-Monday, January 12-15:Be A Tourist In Your Own Backyard in LeClaire!
- Visit the LeClaire Information Center at 117 South Cody Road to receive a small gift. One per customer, please. Winter hours are Noon-3pm, 7 days a week, weather permitting.
- Mississippi River Distilling Co. & Cody Road Cocktail house - $2 off any Feature Cocktail. Must be 21.
- Wide River Winery Tasting Room - Buy One, Get One souvenir tasting glass. Each comes with five wine samples. Must be 21.
- Find all the deals for this weekend at: www.qcbeatourist.com
Friday, January 12, 8pm: Green Tree Brewery.
Rock Star Bingo - no cost, Bingo cards provided, and can win free beer!
Saturday, January 13, 8-11pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Doug Brundies.
Sunday, January 14, 2pm: Bald Eagle Day Presentations.
Join us for a bald eagle photo and video presentation by local wildlife photographer Burt Gearhart at the LeClaire Civic Center,
127 South Cody Road
in LeClaire. Burt's presentation will reveal many interesting discoveries about bald eagles and their everyday lives in our area. See eagles diving for fish, eating while flying, flying with icicles on their toes, and much more. Learn to distinguish between immature and mature eagles, what they eat, and why they winter in the area. Also learn about this incredible wildlife opportunity to view and photograph the annual winter gathering of bald eagles, swans, kingfishers, and ducks along the Mississippi River north and south of LeClaire. An update on the newly constructed eagle perches at Lock & Dam 14 will also be provided. At the conclusion of the presentation, attendees may join Burt at Lock & Dam 14 to view and photograph eagles. Burt's prints that celebrate bald eagles, the Mississippi River, and the historic beauty of LeClaire will also be on display.
New this year, Kelly McKay, local wildlife biologist, will share his bald eagle research and posters. During his presentation, Kelly will discuss the background information that led to the initiation of the Milan Bottoms Bald Eagle Night Roost Survey Project, as well as the objectives. He will define what a bald eagle night roost is and why they are important, including an explanation of the habitat features which characterize a night roost. Both programs are FREE and open to the public.
Sunday, January 14, 1-4pm: Enjoy a "Taste of LeClaire!"
Receive FREE food and/or beverage samples from various shops and specials at several restaurants and bars. Discover many great tastes during Taste of LeClaire!
- Artswork - food samples from Crane & Pelican Café
- Aunt Hattie's - To Be Determined (TBD)
- D's Smokin' BBQ & Taphouse - BBQ samples
- Decades - cheese, sausage, wine
- Divine Dezigns by LauraLee - TBD
- Grasshoppers - 'smores by the fireplace, Wind & Willow cheeseballs (2), Rothschild 'smores dip, and Iowa wine.
- Green Tree Brewery - Double Gold IPA, new traditional English porter samples, and D's Smokin' BBQ samples
- Isabel Bloom - Taste TBD and select sculpture on sale.
- Jones St. Java House - TBD
- LeClaire Olive Oil Co. - dips, mustards, jams, olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Razzleberries - D's Smokin' BBQ samples
- Royal-Tea - loose-leaf tea samples
- The Shameless Chocoholic - handmade candy samples
- Two Gems Boutique - bread and dip from Grasshoppers
- Unique Creations & Sassy Pants Boutique - The Shameless Chocoholic's handmade candy samples
- Wide River Winery Tasting Room - Iowa-made wine
Tuesday, January 16, 6:30-9:30pm: Green Tree Brewery
has a Euchre Tournament.
Friday, January 19, 8pm: Green Tree Brewery.
Rock Star Bingo - no cost, Bingo cards provided, and can win free beer!
Saturday, January 20, 6:30pm: LeClaire Civic Club
is hosting a Trivia Fundraiser for the Glendale
Saturday, January 20, 7:30-10:30pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Tony Hoeppner and Friends.
Friday, January 26, 8pm: Green Tree Brewery.
Rock Star Bingo - no cost, Bingo cards provided, and can win free beer!
Saturday, January 27, 2-6pm: Mississippi River Distilling Company & Cody Road Cocktail House
are hosting a big outdoor party called "ANTI-FREEZE 2018". You won't want to miss it - music on the patio, ice luges, hot cocktails, and tons of fun. Join them for the first of what they hope will become an epic annual event!
Saturday, January 27, 7-10pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Frankie Joe and Kinfolk.
is closed January 9-13 to find new and exciting items at market! Holiday items are on sale through January 8.
Divine Dezigns by LauraLee
has a New Year sale - 50% off all furniture, all children's items, and all items in their rustic/vintage room thru January 14. Their hours are: Friday, Saturday, Monday 9am-5pm and Sundays 12-4pm (unless inclement weather).
Football Special at Blue Iguana!
$2 Bud Light Pints during every NFL & college game at Blue Iguana.
Get a FREE $5 gift certificate when you purchase a $25 gift card at Blue Iguana now through December 24. Get a Free $15 Certificate with a $50 gift card! They're perfect gifts with their glassware and t-shirts!
Specials: 50% off Christmas items. Winter Hours are Sunday-Thursday 12-4pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-5pm. Or call for an appointment - 563-289-4652.
Be sure to visit
on Sunday, January 14 during the Taste of LeClaire to see their new January 2018 designs that include an adorable planter named Penelope, Sunshine Heart, Pineapple Dish, and the latest addition to our bird series - Baltimore Oriole! Also, while visiting their showroom beginning this Friday, be sure to check out their SALE ITEMS! With the exception of January 14, their LeClaire Showroom will be closed on Sundays in January. Hope to see you soon!
Join the Mississippi River Distilling Company and Cody Road Cocktail House
"Cocktail Cruise!" If you've been to the Cody Road Cocktail House, you know how exciting and somewhat overwhelming the giant wall of cocktail choices can be. They always have 20 different feature cocktails on the menu. It's a tough choice because they are all delicious! Once you've tried one and you love it, then it's hard to veer off from a home run and try another. They want to encourage you to take a tour of all the cocktails on the menu. Each of the 20 cocktails will be numbered on the "Cocktail Cruise" card. Order each cocktail and have your card stamped. Fill it up and get free stuff and discounts in their store. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for more information.
Two Gems Boutique
has a winter sale running the whole month of January - 30% off all Two Gems Jewelry and women's tops.
Unique Creations & Sassy Pants Boutique
winter hours: Closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday; they are open Thursday 11am-3pm, Friday 11am-3pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-4pm.
Join in on the fun at the LeClaire Community Library in January!
- Monday through Saturday, January 2-February 28, ALL DAY: LeClaire Community Library - Winter Reading BINGO. Stop in at the Library and sign up for Winter Reading BINGO! Each BINGO square contains a reading/library activity.Every BINGO will earn you an entry into a grand prize drawing!Cover the entire card for a Blackout BINGO to earn a special prize!Grand prizes will be awarded in every age group. The program runs from January 2 - February 28.
- Tuesdays, January 9, 16, 23, and 30, 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Winter Evening Playgroup. Beat the winter blues with a fun, self-guided evening of free play at the library! In addition to their fun play area and early literacy stations, they will also have special storytime toys set out to enjoy. This group is best for ages 3-6, though all are welcome. Stop in and socialize with other families, browse through their picture books, and maintain your storytime routine every Tuesday in January at 6:30pm.
- Wednesdays, January 10, 17, 24, and 31, 10:30am: LeClaire Community Library - Toddle Time Playgroup. Beat the winter blues with a fun, self-guided morning of free play at the library! In addition to their fun play area and early literacy stations, they will also have special storytime toys set out to enjoy. This group is best for ages 0-3, though all are welcome. Stop in and socialize with other families, browse through their picture books, and maintain your storytime routine every Wednesday and Thursday in January at 10:30am.
- Thursdays, January 4, 11, 18, and 25, 10:30am: LeClaire Community Library - Toddle Time Playgroup. Beat the winter blues with a fun, self-guided morning of free play at the library! In addition to their fun play area and early literacy stations, they will also have special storytime toys set out to enjoy. This group is best for ages 0-3, though all are welcome. Stop in and socialize with other families, browse through their picture books, and maintain your storytime routine every Thursday in January at 10:30am.
- Saturday, January 6, 11am: LeClaire Community Library - Card Making with Donna Banta. Join them in making homemade greeting cards! Each participant will make 3 different cards. Class size limited to 12. Adults only.
- Thursday, January 11, 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Mostly True Tales with Spinsby & Wales. Join them in an ongoing series of LeClaire history talks hosted by local history keepers, Dick Wales and Marie Spinsby. These will be treated as a community dialogue - so bring your memories, photographs, and any questions you might have about LeClaire's history! This session will focus on Marie Spinsby's "Construction of I-80 Bridge."
- Thursday, January 18, 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library -Teen Advisory Group (TAG). Help plan cool events, request new library materials, eat snacks, and get the inside scoop on what's happening at the library! This meeting will be self-guided. Don't forget - your attendance earns you service learning hours and looks great on college/job applications! For 7th grade & up.
- Wednesday, January 24, 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library -Adult Book Club. This month we'll be reading Beartown by Fredrik Backman. Books are available at the library's circulation counter free of cost AND are now available as an eBook through their RiverShare Digital Library Catalog.
- Friday, January 26, 2-3pm: LeClaire Community Library - Drop-In Tech Help. Bring in any device and they will give it a shot! Please arrive with passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
2018 Save the Date!
Be A Tourist In Your Own Backyard
Taste of LeClaire and Bald Eagle Day
Trivia at Civic Center
Anti-Freeze 2018, 2-6pm
10 Cocoa Crawl
LeClaire, Iowa is located at the intersection of Highway 67/Great River Road and Interstate 80 at exit 306. This charming town is just a scenic 2 minute drive to Lock & Dam 14, just off of highway 67, along the Mississippi River. Lock and Dam 14 is only a few miles from all the LeClaire hotels and is known for some of the BEST eagle watching & photography in the country.
LeClaire is a quaint river town full of historic surprises. LeClaire offers the Twilight Riverboat 2 day Adventures, Mississippi River Distilling Company, The Buffalo Bill Museum, unique shopping and wonderful restaurants, which make LeClaire the must visit town in the Quad Cities area.
LeClaire is only 30 minutes from the Quad Cities International Airport and is also the home base location for Mike Wolfe, owner of "Antique Archaeology" and the host of "American Pickers," a cable TV show on the History Channel.
LeClaire has award winning hotels, guest houses, and bed and breakfasts with views of the Mississippi River.
If you're looking for charming and friendly, the downtown shops in LeClaire will delight you.
Also, If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Tourism Manager at 563-289-4242 x 61135 or email: email@example.com
LeClaire Information Center
117 South Cody Road
Open 7 days a week
|Voted Best Place to Take an Out-of-Town Guest in the 2017 Quad City Times Reader's Choice Poll for the 6th year in a row!
NEW Blue Iguana Specials!
Daily soups are back at Blue Iguana and you can have them with the daily special.
Specials come with your choice of beans, papas fritas, rice, or the soup of the day.
- Monday - $5 Cheese Quesadilla (add Chicken $2 / Steak $3); Soup - Creme de Poblano
- Tuesday - $6 Campechano Tacos (2); Soup - Enchilada Tortilla
- Wednesday - $5 Diablo Chicken Salad; Soup - Roasted Veggie Fiesta
- Thursday - $6 Chicken Enchiladas (2); Soup - Chipotle Chicken
- Friday - $6 Half Torta Ahogada; Soup - Mexican Style Chili
NEW Blue Iguana Drink Specials!
- Monday - Margaritas 16oz $3 / 24oz $5
- Tuesday - Titos & Tonic $4
- Wednesday - Wells $4 or MRDC Whiskey $5
- Thursday - Beans & Rice $5
- Friday - Bartenders Choice $4
- Saturday - Sangria $4 Pints | $14 Pitchers
- Sunday - LeClaire Iceberg $3.50
Meals for Seniors at the First Presbyterian Church, LeClaire every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 12pm. Good food and a time to visit with others. Please call (563) 289-3646 and make a reservation 2 days in advance.
Hungry Hobo: Don't forget about our family night special! Get a Baby Bo Meal for $.99 with the purchase of any menu item & a combo pack every Wednesday after 5pm. No coupon required. Not valid with any other offer or promotion. www.hungryhobo.com
Faithful Pilot Cafe On-Going Events:
LeClaire Community Library Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
meets on the third Thursday of each month from 6:30-7:30pm. All teens are welcome, and don't forget - your attendance earns you Service Learning Hours! Email Bailey Keimig at
for more details.
Happy Hour Monday-Saturday 3-6pm in the bar area only
- Monday: Half Price martinis
- Tuesday: 45 House Made Margaritas, $3 Street Tacos, $3 Chips and Guac
- Wednesday: Half Price Wine Night and Live Music from 6:30-8:30pm
- First Fridays: Live Music 8-11pm
- Saturday: Open at 11am
Monday and Tuesday is Family Night at
Happy Joe's Pizza
- get the Family Meal for under $20.
Buffalo Bill Museum
is a great place to take visiting family and friends and "free admission" is a benefit of your membership! The gift shop is also a great place to
pick up unique items as well as books about local history, "Buffalo Bill" sweatshirts and t-shirts, and other items you can't find elsewhere! WINTER HOURS: open Monday - Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm, and Sundays 12:00-4:00pm.
First Friday of each Month:
First Friday 5:30-8:00pm Downtown LeClaire - beverage and food samples, live music, shops open late, and more!
Monthly Trivia Nights at the LeCl
aire Civic Center benefiting Local Non-Profits. Usually 3rd Saturday of the month: See calendar for details.
Every Friday Night - Karaoke at Sneaky Pete's from 9pm-1am, 207 North Cody Road, 563-289-4277