Great colors with orange, yellow and reds in the Northeast and into more yellow - golds in the west. Time to explore and enjoy the seasons where ever you are.
- Use long exposures to shoot water or best waterfalls in the fall scenery. Use a small aperture (such as F/11 to F/22, remembering apertures are a fraction), Low ISO, polarizing filter and then a slow shutter speed (variable - you will need to test the results and adapt) to soften the water.
- Use long zoom lenses to isolate the leaves and the colors. Use a tripod to stabilize. If windy, remove lens hood to help.
- Shallow Depth of Field will help isolate your subject.
- Move your camera: while panning, racking focus, zooming in or out and during longer exposures.
- Look at reflections to double the bang!
- Shoot low and wide to get the whole picture of the moment.
See my blog for more pictures.