The Zoning Office frequently receives calls about garage sale signs, and garage sales in general. Here is some basic information about what is permitted in the Concord Township Zoning Resolution:
· Each residential unit holding a garage sale is permitted 1 temporary sign advertising the sale. This sign must be located on the property holding the sale.
· One additional off-site directional sign is permitted with the permission of the off-site property owner or authorized representative.
· Such signs are only permitted for a period of 72 hours, and no more than 3 times in any 12 month period.
· These signs shall be located no closer than 10 feet from a public road. Placing signs on utility poles, on STOP signs or any other way within the public right-of-way is not permitted.
· The Zoning Office does have the authority to pull any signs that violate the Concord Township Zoning Resolution.
· Also, a reminder to please refrain from parking on the fire hydrant side of the road.
A zoning permit is not needed for this kind of sign. Please feel free to contact the Zoning Office at 440-354-7505, or 440-354-7506 if you have any questions.