TIPS FOR ATTENDING NEXT WEEK'S BIG BEAR LAKE JAZZTRAX SUMMER MUSIC FESTIVAL
1. Dress Light for Shows Temps between 1 (doors open) and 4pm. Expected between 75 and 80
Bring Sunscreen. You'll be at Altitude. 6,000 feet closer to Mr. Sun. Bring light jacket or sweatshirt for when it cools late afternoon. After dark in the mountains temps drop to about 60 degrees. Cool Cuddly Cabin Fireplace Mountain Summer Nights.
2. Jazzy Festival Venue is Catered by RobinHood Resort's Nottingham's Restaurant. Chef Poncho
Food Station is Open Throughout. 2 Full Bars. No Outside Food or Drink Permitted.
Exception is Corkage Fee on Wine and Champagne Bottles and Water is permitted.
No backpacks, no picnic baskets, no ice coolers. Only hand held bottled water can be brought in.
GATES OPEN SATURDAY & SUNDAY AT 1 P.M. CONCERTS FROM 2 P.M. TO DARK (approximate 8 pm.)
3. We encourage I-Phones and STRONGLY ENCOURAGE using it to send friends instant images
from the JazzTrax Festival of the Floating Stage, the Fun, beautiful Big Bear Lake and all the action. Please use your Smart Phone throughout the performances to Facebook and Twitter your Friends on what's going on at the JazzTrax Festival. Tell them to get in their car and drive up on Sunday and join you. Don't forget to E-Mail instant pictures as well from the nightly festival JazzTrax After Parties upstairs at Nottingham's in the Notti Girl Bar. Also from Miss Liberty
Stern wheeler at Sunset Out on Big Bear Lake with Canadian Guitarist Rob Tardik Friday Night
4. If you are staying at a Host Hotel right at the Festival Site you are within walking distance of everything in the Village including restaurants. Saturday and Sunday Mornings are your perfect opportunity, if you're not Golfing at Bear Mountain, or taking the Sky Chair to the top of Snow
Summit for their barbecue looking out across the Universe and across at Mt. San Gorgonio, to drive around the entire Lake. Stopping for Breakfast on the North Shore in historic Fawnskin.
5. Don't Miss Out on the JazzTrax Ticket Holders Discounts. Show your JazzTrax Tickets at Bear Mountain and get $5 off a 9 hole round of golf. Show your ticket at Snow Summit's Sky Chair and get $4 off. Show your ticket at Holloway's Marina and get 10% off a Rental Boat or Kayak. Go spend a couple hours cruisin' the lake yourself. Take some Subway Sandwiches out (located up by Von's). Best of all show your JazzTrax Ticket at Nottingham's Restaurant directly across the street at RobinHood Resort and get 10% off all food. Including the JazzTrax After Parties where there will be a late night food menu.
6. Staying in a Rental Cabin with multiple friends or multiple couples? What a party you're gonna have. There are 2 Main Grocery Stores (and multiple liquor stores) Von's and Stater Bros. 2 Starbucks. 1 just inside Von's and l across it's parking lot. Nearest ATM machine 1 block East from
Festival Site at Mountain Bank.
7. Bring a Book to read in the Woods maybe
8. Be ready to throw down some 1 or 5 dollar bills at the JazzTrax Garage Sale of old left over Catalina Island JazzTrax Merchandise
9. Budget in for Artist CD's and they will sign them for you after show. Brian Culbertson's will be 2 weeks old. Jonathan Fritzen is bringing 100 copies of his forthcoming August CD 'Magical' Budget in for a NEW BIG BEAR LAKE JAZZTRAX CAP AND T-SHIRT.
The JazzTrax Summer Music Festival is just 1 week away. I'm already in Big Bear Lake getting everything set. An incredible June Getaway into the Southern California Mountains to Southern California's No. 1 Mountain Resort. The Magic of the Stars of Smooth Jazz on a Floating Stage on a Mountain Lake. In all of Smooth JazzDom..... nuthin' quite like this
STREAM JAZZTRAX NOW (PC)
STREAM JAZZTRAX NOW (Mac)
SEE 2011 CATALINA ISLAND PICTURE PAGE
SEE 2011 BIG BEAR LAKE PICTURE PAGE
ORDER TICKETS FOR 2012 JazzTrax Festivals * Catalina * Big Bear