March 31st- April 7th Schedule
4:30-5:30 K-6th grade Religious Ed Classes
6:15-7:15 K-6th grade Religious Ed Classes
Wednesday, March 5th-
4:30-5:30 K-6th grade Religious Ed Classes
NO CLASS for 7th & 8th grade Confirmation Prep this week.
St. Michael the Archangel Confirmation Mass
Thursday, April 6th at 7:00pm.
Please Pray for our Confirmandi! They are the future of our Church!
Highlights from 1st-5th Grade Classes This Week:
Opening Lesson to prepare for the 5th Sunday of Lent:
As we approach the end of Lent, we pray for the desire to work even harder to see the beauty of the cross, and the glorious love of Our Lord Jesus Christ, crucified out of love for each and every one of us.
Desk work this past week:
The Raising of Lazarus
3 things to learn from the miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead:
1) Jesus Wept. We read in the Gospel of John, that Our Lord wept over his dear friend's death. This reminds us that Jesus is truly man and truly God. He knows the sorrow of death of a close friend or loved one.
2) Jesus used the death of Lazarus to show the Glory of God. Jesus said,
"This illness is not to end in death,
but is for the glory of God,
that the Son of God may be glorified through it."
This proves to us that God only allows evil to bring a greater good. It also helps us and those at the time of Jesus to understand that Jesus truly is God. Jesus allowed his disciples and us, to witness miracles so that our faith in Him might increase.
3) The raising of Lazarus also teaches us that faith in Jesus Christ and His Church raise us to new life, both at the end of time and each time we are put back in right relationship with God through the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Notice the picture of Jesus raising His hand in blessing. Our priests do the same when absolving us of our sins.
Gospel readings source:
More proud students show their desk work from class last month!
Sunday Mass Prep Video for younger students:
Mass Prep for older children and Parents:
As always, we ask you to please park in a parking spot and walk your students into the building or walk them to the "car free zone" directly in front of the cafeteria doors between the gate and orange cones.
Curbside drop-off is only allowed along the sidewalk in the front of the school, but entry into the building is still through the cafeteria doors. Cars may not pass or create two lanes for the safety of students exiting cars.
Please be patient, and help us to keep all students safe. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation once again!
- K-5 Drop off is in school cafeteria. Pick up for all students is at the classroom.
- Please walk your K-3rd grade child into the building and come back in to pick them up. 4th grade and older may walk in and be dismissed unaccompanied with parental permission.
- 6th graders should be dropped off and picked up in the Youth Room
- Check below for specific details about your child's grade-level class.
Regular Class this week!
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd students meet in cafeteria until catechist arrives. Thank you!
1st Holy Communion is Sunday, April 30th, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Confirmation Prep 7th & 8th Grade
- 8th Grade meets in the Youth Room, unless otherwise noted.
- 7th Grade meets upstairs in the school library, unless otherwise noted.
- Arrival and Dismissal - Parents need to park their cars in a PARKING SPOT. Students will walk to and from the building to their parked car. PLEASE NO CURBSIDE "drive through" drop off or pick up. This ensures the safety of the students.
- 7th & 8th Grade enter and exit at the school cafeteria, using the North parking lot.
- Check below for specific details about your child's class.
NO Class this week, Wednesday April 5!
pecial Service Hours Opportunities:
1) Confirmation for the 8th grade class is next Thursday! For 3 service hours, we need mature, hard workers to help with the Confirmation Reception. The duties include plating cooking, refreshing tables with cookies, getting refreshments for our older guests, and cleaning up. The students will be allowed to see at least part of the Confirmation Mass. Good to see before it's their turn next year!
2) Reprinted from last week: If your student will listen to the episode of Archbishop Naumann's radio show, The Shepherd's Voice, and write a summary in the form of 4 or more questions and answers, they may
receive 1-2 service hours, depending on the length and quality of their paper. Further, if they add praying the Holy Rosary for these Christian brothers and sisters of ours, they may receive an additional 1 hour of service for a possible 3 hours.
Prayer is the greatest gift we can give to one another if it is done sincerely and with interior focus and love for neighbor!
Fri, 17 March 2017
Archbishop Naumann interviews Helma Adde. Adde is an American of Syrian dissent who journeys to the Levant area of the Middle East to reveal the plight of Christians in Syria and Iraq.
Trailer of the documentary discussed in Archbishop's radio show:
Service Hours Log
Remember: Service Hours and Questionnaire Due Wednesday, April 12th.
Chosen Chapter 14 Confirmation Program video-
No Class this week, Wednesday April 5th.
Confirmation Rehearsal is this Sunday at 2:00 in the church.
Confirmation is this coming Thursday at 7:00 pm.
Candidates and Sponsors must report to the parish hall by 6:15! The candidates will process in to the church at 6:40 so
Mass can begin promptly at 7:00!
Reception and Pictures with Archbishop Naumann and Archbishop Emeritus Keleher following Mass in the parish hall.
Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation:
Last Call for Confirmation Requirements!
Chosen Lesson 14
What happens at Confirmation