2018 KBA Board of Director Nominations
Nominations are Open!
Thursday, September 21, 2017!
Nominations are now open for eight (8) seats on the KBA Board of Directors beginning January 1, 2018. All district directors are elected to serve a two- year term. According to KBA bylaws, no director may serve more than two consecutive terms. KBA directors must be from the ownership or managerial level of a station(s) located in the district. Self nominations are acceptable. The deadline for nominations is Thursday, September 21, 2017.
2017 KBA Chairman, Derron Steenbergen, would like to emphasize how important it is for those districts with expiring directors to nominate new names to serve on the KBA Board of Directors. As a state membership association, the KBA needs YOU to be an active and viable member of our board. Serving on the KBA board allows you to be the voice of broadcasters in your districts.
A stipend and travel expenses are offered for board members that attend in person KBA Board Meetings. Meetings are held quarterly.
Following the deadline of nominations, weighted links to ballots will be sent to management emails for stations in districts where there is a contested race.
The following districts are up for election this year. If you are unsure of your district, please
. Four radio director members are up for election or re-election in the districts listed below, along with the positions of Lexington Market Television Director, Other Market Television Director, Public Television Director and Associate Member Director.
- District One- Jim Moore, WYMC Radio, Mayfield, KY (Not eligible for re-election)
- District Three- Earl Jones, iHeart Media, Louisville, KY (eligible for re-election)
- District Five- Kristin Cantrell, CapCity Radio, Frankfort, KY(Not eligible for re-election)
- District Seven- Jeff Ray, Gateway Radio Works, Owingsville, KY (Not eligible for re-election)
- Lexington Market Television Director- Chris Mossman, WKYT-TV, Lexington, KY (eligible for re-election)
- Other Market Television Director- Brad Odil, WBKO-TV, Louisville, KY (eligible for re-election)
- Public Television Director - David Brinkley, Western KY University, Bowling Green, KY (Not eligible for re-election)
- Associate Member Director - Nathan Butler, Orbital Media Networks, Englewood, CO (Not eligible for re-election)
Links to nomination ballots were distributed to stations via listed management emails on September 6, 2017. If your management/company has not received the link to your nomination ballots and you are a member of one of the above districts or would like to make a nomination, please contact Liza Livers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 848-0426. Nominations must be received by close of business on Thursday, September 21, 2017.
Districts with more than one candidate will be sent an election ballot on September 25, 2017.
Only one vote per station is permitted.
Annual Conference Updates and Reminders
There is still time to register for the 2017 KBA Annual Conference. A $100 registration fee
is required. Our Hotel room block has been extended until Thursday, September 14th. If you register after that date, lodging cannot be guaranteed.
Galt House, Louisville, KY - October 9-10, 2017
A listing of KBA Educational Sessions at the 2017 Conference Include:
- Back to Basics with Chris Lytle
- Lobbying with Steve Newberry and Jeff Hoover
- Dealing with Aggressive Behavior: Enhancing your Safety in the Office and Community with Ron Scheidt
- Al's Jaw Droppingly Cool Tools with Al Tompkins
- FCC Updates with Dawn Sciarrino
- How to Sell to Automobile Dealers with Adam Armbruster
- Engineering with Greg Happel and Rick Crago
- Separating Fact from Fake News with Al Tompkins
- Copyright Law and Everything you Wanted to Know about GMR with Monica Dias and AJ Correale
- The Four Essential Elements of Every Successful Show: Making the Audience Fall in Love with You So They Come Back For More- Part I of II with Steve Reynolds
- Building Relationships Your Competitors Can't Steal with Chris Lytle
- Hiring Right the First Time with Kim Busse
- Getting the VIP Meeting with Adam Armbruster
- Content is Queen: The Three Most Strategic Kinds of Content, How to Be More Local, and Ten Secrets of Successful Shows - Part II of II with Steve Reynolds
- Digital Media with Amy Stroud
We aren't just all work and no play though! Monday night, you won't want to miss this year's Love Boat themed Cruise on the Belle of Louisville, featuring a live band, "Tony and the Tanlines"!
Dress Code: Tropical Attire (optional).
KBA Offers Reimbursement as a Member Benefit
The Kentucky Broadcasters Association will reimburse broadcast stations licensed to a community in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and KBA members for NAB Show, Small Market Television Exchange, Country Radio Seminar and NAB/RAB Radio Show up to the annually approved amounts. Reimbursement amounts are approved by the Board of Directors at the Fall Board Meeting for the following year.
Approved Reimbursements for 2017:
* Country Radio Seminar - Registration Fee Only
* NAB Show, Las Vegas - Up to $1,000 per attendee
* RAB/NAB Radio Show, Austin TX - Up to $750 per attendee
* Small Market Television Exchange - Up to $1,000 per attendee
1. Reimbursement is to be submitted after the conference.
2. All reimbursements must be received within 60 days of the last day of the conference.
3. Each reimbursement must include the reimbursement form and applicable receipts (up to the approved amount.)
Reimbursable expenses include:
- Registration Fees
4. Each reimbursement must include a copy of the attendee's name badge from the conference.
To complete your online reimbursement form,
The KBA has produced a 2017 membership directory. Directories are available online and a hard copy will be available soon. To access the online directory, visit
and click on the Member Directory tab. The password is
. If you do not see yourself or your company, listed please contact Liza by emailing email@example.com or Karen at Karen@kba.org.
The Kentucky Broadcasters Association presents...
Radio Advertising Bureau's
One-Hour, Live MANAGEMENT Webinar
On-Boarding: The Critical First 90 Days For Seller Success
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
(1:00 pm Eastern/12:00 pm Central/11:00 am Mountain/10:00 am Pacific)
Turnover costs you time and money. Sales is more susceptible to turnover than any other profession due to the complexity and challenges of the job. Equip your sellers for solid success in their first 90 days and beyond.
NOTE: AdobeConnect recommends using Internet Explorer. If you do not have Internet Explorer, Safari is the next best.
Contact Adobe Support at: 800-422-3623. International support numbers are available at http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/connecthostedsupport.html. To contact RAB, call 800-232-3131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE LBS Training!
Are you using this FREE member benefit? KBA offers access to the LBS Weekly Sales Videos free to all members! Your station's whole sales team can have their own personal LBS accounts at no additional cost! If you need login information, simply contact the KBA and we will be glad to help you get started. Don't miss out on these wonderful trainings!
Upcoming Webinar -
Sept. 12, Noon ETPersonal Branding - What Sets You Apart?
Broadcasters! How would you define your image or impression in your competitive marketplace? Your personal brand creates a perception or emotion, maintained by your prospects and clients. That brand describes the total experience of having a relationship with you and your station. There is a constant need to reinforce your self-brand. Find out how to positively build your brand versus having
a not so impressive brand forced upon you.
Presented by Mark Levy, LBS Broadcast Selling Expert and President Revenue Development Resources
This Week's 3 Videos: Auto Q&A, Proposals, 9 Keys for Managers
Long Term Deals:
Mark Levy discusses the usefulness of long=term planners and how they can be a helpful tool to you as you work to drive long-term business!
Mark Levy shares his thoughts on how to defeat time monsters! In this session, he covers what your time is worth, what your day is like, and the time of day you should NEVER make big decisions!
Time Management Series:
This 9-part series by Gary Moore explains the importance of effectively managing your time when it comes to your daily responsibilities!
The Kentucky Broadcasters Association presents...
Radio Advertising Bureau's
Handling Objections Heroically
One-Hour, Live SELLER Webinar
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
(11:00 am Eastern/10:00 am Central/9:00 am Mountain/8:00 am Pacific)
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
(4:00 pm Eastern/3:00 pm Central/2:00 pm Mountain/1:00 pm Pacific)
Presenter: Jeff Schmidt, RAB's SVP/Professional Development
Objections are inevitable, but they don't have to be intimidating. Objections are a clear sign you've got your prospect right where you want them: engaged, emotionally invested, and serious enough to seek more information. Learn proven strategies for handling objections with courage and confidence.
RAB WEBINAR CONNECTION DETAILS
Has your station scheduled an ABIP Inspection this year?
This is now a FREE Member Benefit.
This service could save you thousands of dollars in FCC fines
Mark Your Calendar for These 2017 Events!
KBA Board Meeting
October 9, 2017
KBA Annual Conference
October 9-10, 2017
KBA Training Roadshow with P1 Learning
Did you know you can add all team
members at your station to the eCast distribution list?
Simply send a list of all email
addresses that need to add to
The next required monthly test will be Sept. 11 at 10:37am and will originate from WUKY-FM.
Wedding Planning with Pem
This eCast is sponsored by
"Wedding Planning with Pem," a
sweet fit for your advertisers.
Like Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!