Season’s Greetings, Participating Contractors!
We thank you for your participation in the Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade program and all your hard work in helping Los Angeles County homeowners save energy. Please see below for important reminders about our end-of-year deadlines and tips to ensure smooth and successful completion of projects as we approach the end of the 2017 program year.
The SoCalREN Home Upgrade Program is currently set to close on December 31, 2017; however, it may continue into 2018 if authorized by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) later this month. We will notify all Participating Contractors with any updates on this authorization.
- December 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. PST: Last date to submit a new application, including submittal of the signed Homeowner Terms and Conditions and utility bills. The program cannot guarantee applications submitted after this date will be completed in time to meet the year-end deadline.
- December 31, 2017. 11:59 p.m. PST: All Project Completion Forms (PCFs) and other required documentation, including closed permits, must be submitted. The Contractor Portal will close at this time.
- February 28, 2018: All remediation issues must be resolved to receive an approval notice and any incentives for projects and measures installed in 2017. Examples of remediation issues include the need for mechanical ventilation installations, asbestos abatement, gas leak repairs, etc.
Changes if the Program is Extended into 2018
If the CPUC authorizes a program extension, the following changes will be made to align with the updates made to the Southern California Edison (SCE)/SoCalGas® Home Upgrade program:
- Duct Leakage Measure – See the table below to review 2018 duct leakage measure requirements. Please note: A HERS CF3R MCH-20 CFM25 result or a date-stamped photo of a CFM25 result must be submitted to meet the duct leakage requirement.
- Required Base Measure – Projects will need to include at least one base measure to receive an incentive through the program.
- Base Measure Bonus – The program will no longer provide bonuses for installing a second or third base measure.
- Measure Changes – Review updated Whole Building Air Sealing measure requirements below (note: 15-29% leakage reduction will no longer qualify). Incentives will no longer be offered for Heat Pump replacements and High Performance Dual-Pane Windows installations.
- Incentive Changes – Please see the below table for updated incentive amounts (aligned with the SCE/SoCalGas program) that will be offered in 2018 if the program is extended. The minimum required incentive amount for a project to be eligible will be $1,200 unless a project achieves at least 10% energy savings in the new 2018 Contractor Incentive Calculator.