Join Our List
Have you been meaning to kick the habit for a while now, but don't know where or how to get started? Maybe you haven't quite found the motivation or you feel overwhelmed. There is no better time than the present to look into finally quitting smoking. Whether it's for health or personal reasons, you will be making a change for the better.
| The Hard Truth|
- Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States
- Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each year.Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
- 443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
- 49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure
- 269,655 deaths annually among men
- 173,940 deaths annually among women
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes, or cigars increases the risk of dying from cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, and oral cavity
- On average, adults who smoke cigarettes die 14 years earlier than nonsmokers
- Exposure to secondhand smoke-sometimes called environmental tobacco smoke-causes nearly 50,000 deaths each year among adults in the United States:
- Secondhand smoke causes 3,400 annual deaths from lung cancer
- Secondhand smoke causes 46,000 annual deaths from heart disease
- Smokeless tobacco is a known cause of human cancer
According to http://www.cdc.gov
|Benefits of Quitting Smoking |
|Many people who quit smoking are surprised by how good they feel!
- They feel in charge
- They don't need to smoke
- They don't have to find places to smoke
- They don't have to worry about their smoke bothering others
- They smell good
- Their hair, clothes, and breath don't smell like smoke
- Their cars, homes, and kids don't smell like smoke
- They can better smell food and other good smells
- They feel more relaxed
- They don't have to make sure they always have cigarettes
- They have more money
- They are not as worried about their health
- They look and feel better
- They feel good about being able to quit
- Their skin looks healthier
- They have more energy when they walk, play with their kids, or do something active
According to: http://www.smokefree.gov/topic-benefits.aspx
"Thinking well is wise; planning well, wiser; doing well wisest and best of all." Persian Proverb
|Benefits of Wellness Coaching|
- You will make significant positive changes in your life.
- You will set goals and reach them faster; you will manage your time better.
- You will become more successful, both personally and professionally.
- You will reduce stress and increase time management.
- You will identify your values and be able to enjoy a more balanced life.
- I will motivate, guide, and support you to reach sustainable behavioral changes by offering creative wellness solutions.
- I will provide individually designed health promotion programs to meet your unique needs by focusing on physical, mental, and emotional health.
- I will help you become proactive in your life by eliminating unhealthy behaviors and making wellness a priority.
Get started on your path to wellness today!
Uniquely You Wellness Coaching