Here is a quick quiz to test members of your staff.
See how many questions you can answer!
- What is the purpose of a rectifier?
- What is the angle of separation between each phase of a 3-phase circuit?
- The purpose of a turbocharger is to pre-heat the combustion air.
True or False?
- Common rail fuel systems operate with a fuel pressure close to
a) 3,000 psi, b) 30,000 psi, or c) 60,000 psi?
- If an alternator rotates at 1,800 rpm, how many poles should it have to produce 60 Hz voltage?
- What device is usually used to sense an engine's actual rpm?
- What is the most common cause of a generator set's Failure to Start?
- At what genset voltage will an automatic transfer switch transfer from Normal to Emergency?
- What is the logical rating for a generator set powered by a 75 bhp prime mover?
- What is the difference in application between an Emergency generator set vs. a Standby generator set?
Did they get them all right?