A few notes from Stephanie:
APDesign 2015 Alumni Fellow John Norris will be with us this Wednesday through Friday. His itinerary is available here. Please plan to attend his presentation on Thursday, April 16, 2:30-3:30 pm, Seaton 106c, and urge students to attend. If you are not on his itinerary but would like to be, please e-mail me.
The New Building Studio Charrette will take place this Thursday, April 16, right before John's presentation, 12:00 - 2:00 pm in Seaton 104. This is your opportunity to share the desires and needs for studio spaces for LA and RCP faculty and students and provide input on the ways that our college works together when we move into the new building. I appreciate your participation in this important event and realize that you are making a big investment of time in our department on Thursday.
Moving Plans: Thank you for the suggestions and questions you have posed after receiving the memo about office assignments for next year. Here are a few ideas and a specific suggestion for you to put on your list as you plan your move or consolidation to accommodate a roommate. This is a long 'note' but important--thank you for reading it and reacting with additional proactive and productive ideas.
1. Jody can assist you with obtaining a large rolling recycling bin when you are ready for it. You can't keep it in your office, so you'll want to do the sorting before obtaining it.
2. Jody can also assist in making arrangements for removal of large quantities of trash. Do the sorting and let her know when you have materials to be taken to the dumpster.
3. The shredding bin in the 2nd floor copy room is a good place to deposit confidential documents as you sort. If you have a large quantity of confidential material, please box it up and label it. When the move takes place, we'll make sure that it is shredded.
4. Retention of student work:
_We will want hard copy presentations of LA student work done over the last 3-6 years for the accreditation visit. It should include A, B and C work for each project (or whatever your designations are for high, medium and low quality. We will use the Edmond's Center for the initial collection of material. After the visit is over this fall, you will be asked to collect what you would like to save and the remainder will be discarded.
_We need to keep some examples of RCP work but the collection doesn't need to be as extensive, given the recent accreditation visit.
_ENVD instructors should work with Katrina to determine how the work from the first year will be archived.
_We have some historic student work, large models (Campus Creek) and some valuable materials (white boards, projection screens) that must be stored. I will work with the Dean's office to determine if these materials can safely be preserved in communal college space or if it is appropriate for our department to rent a small storage unit.
5. If you did not outline specific needs for materials and equipment you are responsible for and use in your research or creative activity as you filled out your officemate preference form, please provide a specific list to Ann Cook and copy me.
6. We will have a group moving day for those who would like to put their personal items and furniture in Rod's trailer. We'll help one another load and make the rounds to unload at your homes. If this is of interest to you, be thinking about the best date and time for moving (at the end of a work day or on a Saturday sometime in May).
And my suggestion: if you anticipate use of your university technology off campus and have not filled out the appropriate form, please do so before mid-May. Jody can provide the form.