Dear Valued Client
As we hit the halfway point in Quarter 2 2018, and head towards the summer vacation months, we pause to take stock of our successes and challenges. At Bovo-Tighe, part of that was looking through our website analytics results to find our most viewed site and blog pages. We found an interesting item.
By far our most popular blog post of the past 12 months was:
The article focused on how important it is in today’s business world to motivate employees with more than just “a day’s pay for a day’s work.” People, especially Millennials, need to forge a deeper connection between the work they are asked to do, and the bigger goals of the organization.
The interest in this article tells us
the people who follow Bovo-Tighe are aware of the increased engagement and productivity that comes from connecting employees more tightly to the organizational mission.
They achieve this by clarifying (and valuing) each employee's role within the scheme of things, answering these critical questions for each employee:
- How important is your part of this enterprise?
- How does your contribution impact and aid the work of the people around you?
- How can I help you understand or believe that?
- How can I help you get better at your role within the mission?
Here are the key steps managers are taking:
- Assess each person’s internal motivators/values/drivers to better understand how to connect the person to the mission.
- Profile the job with a DNA Position Analysis (see article below) to better understand the skill sets an individual needs in that role to perform at a high level.
- Plan with them how to bridge the gap between the skills they have and the skills they need to better achieve their specific goals within the mission.
- Support their efforts to fulfill the improvement plan with check-ins, resource acquisition, connections with other people, intervention with collaborating teams, etc.
Demand excellence, while helping each person to achieve it!