|The League of Women Voters of Florida's League University program is designed to offer specialized training to help students, young professionals and others develop the skills they need to become leaders in their communities. |
Two specialized tracks allow registrants to select the workshops best suited to their interests. Workshops from either track may be combined for a personally customized training experience.
|So You're Interested in Running for Political Office?!|
Participate the League of Women Voters of Florida's FREE grassroots political leadership training for students where you can develop key skills such as:
- Developing your platform/communications skills for effective campaigns and networking via email, print, and social media.
- Learn different strategies on fundraising and cultivating donors for political campaigns.
- Engage in discussions with local elected officials regarding their experiences on the campaign trail and what they wish they knew before running for office!
|So Want to Serve on a Board or Become Politically Active?!|
Participate in the League of Women Voters of Florida's FREE grassroots community leadership training for students where you can develop key skills such as:
- Mastering the art of public speaking through special techniques to reduce stress and nervousness often associated with public speaking.
- Learn the practical skills of making the media your friend and utilizing beneficial connections in order to successfully publicize your issues.
- Learn how to use evidence to persuade others to understand your point of view.