Recovery Updates - Afternoon Report
Public Safety Calls:
We're here to help you!
As of this afternoon at 1:45 p.m., the City of Coral Gables Hotline number has fielded 75 calls from residents and businesses. Most calls were for tree debris, and impacted power lines. The 30 calls for power lines were relayed to FPL.
As of today, the City has dispatched the CRT teams to seven locations for critical responses to inquiries and concerns (eight in the North area, and one in the South area.)
- There have been no reported vehicle crashes as of 0700 hours;
- Twelve new intersections are back on line and working including LeJeune and S. Dixie Hwy., LeJeune and Coral Way, Ponce and Eighth St., and Red Road and Eighth St. (we continue to monitor);
- Four portable light towers have been delivered to the motor pool, which CGPD is in the process of deploying this afternoon;
- The electrical wire is still down on Bird Road.
Services & Events:
- Phillips Park reopened at 2 p.m. this afternoon;
- War Memorial Youth Center's outdoor basketball court will reopen tomorrow at 9 a.m.;
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools are closed until Monday, September 18;
- Due to businesses still having no power, the Giralda Plaza opening celebration scheduled for this Friday, September 15 has been postponed. A new date for the event will be announced shortly;
- The Miami Children's Health Foundation 5K race scheduled for Saturday, September 16 has been postponed. Check www.mchf.org/mchf5k for the most up-to-date information on this event.
- The Gables Passport Office is open and functioning at regular hours.
Thank you for your Patience!