|We just posted our new Huff Post blog|
REFLECTIONS ON WISDOM, WELLNESS and WHOLENESS
We invite you to read it, post your comments, and share with your friends.
"The teachings of all the world's great wisdom traditions remind us that we have both an ordinary and a extraordinary identity, a personal and a universal nature, a self that is anchored in both the relative world of conditioned appearances, and also within the absolute dimension that is the mysterious, imperceptible source or ground of being that gives rise to all things and all beings. Interestingly, an analogue of this view is alluded to by our colleagues in modern cosmology and physics, who often remind us that only 4 percent of the universe is measurable, and that the remaining 96 percent exists as "dark energy" and "dark matter" which are both nearly mythical in their undefinability."
-Michelle and Joel Levey, excerpted from Reflections on Wisdom, Wellness, and Wholeness
"Half of any person
is wrong and weak
and off the beaten path.
The other half is dancing and laughing
and swimming in the invisible joy."
Wisdom at Work's 2012 Summer Institute
EXPLORING THE SEAMLESS INTEGRATION
OF OUR INNER WORK AND OUR WORK IN THE WORLD
An Intensive Introduction to and Immersion in the
Essential Guiding Principles and Practices of
Joel and Michelle Levey's Wisdom Teaching
August 16-19, 2012
We have posted a complete description of this program along with some heartwarming photos from at: http://www.wisdomatwork.com/WisdomAtWork/LearningLab2012.html
Over the years we have received numerous requests from sincere friends, colleagues, and students to have an opportunity to study more closely with us in an in-depth way for both personal development and professional training.
In response to these repeated requests, we sense that the time is ripe and we are moved to offer a most special Summer Learning Laboratory with us at our home in Seattle this August. In order to optimize the learning opportunity, we are scheduling this program just prior to our 5-day retreat on Orcas Island - August 21-26. This timing will provide interested participants with the option of extending the Learning Lab into the Retreat for additional deepening, reflection, practice, and integration.
with Michelle and Joel Levey
Thriving with All Our Relations:
Meditation, Nature, and Community
August 21-26, 2012
Indralaya, Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands, Washington, USA
October 26-28 at Mount Madonna Center near Santa Cruz, CA
Meditation and Medicine:
Exploring the Vital Role of Contemplative Disciplines
in MindBody Medicine & the Healing Arts
with Joel & Michelle Levey
This program distills essential insights from decades of research and experience developed in teaching Meditation and Medicine programs to thousands of physicians, faculty, nurses, students, and other health caring professionals around the globe. Drawing inspiration from diverse contemplative traditions, participants will explore practices from five categories of meditation - Concentration, Mindfulness, Reflective, Creative, and Heart-Centered - each of which have profoundly practical benefits for both clinicians and patients. Understanding a variety of practices that are easy to learn and teach helps to expand the range of options of what to recommend to patients, and also provides clinicians with a wealth of material and insights to improve their own self-care, well-being, clinical performance, and interpersonal relationships while actively engaged in helping others.
Washington D.C. Area
Oct. 14, 2012
Workshop for the Celebration Center for Spiritual Living
October 15, 2012 at the American Society for Anesthesiology
Managing Stress and Burnout for Anesthesia Professionals:
Exploring the Methods of Essential Mind-Fitness Techniques
Developing Resilience at Work
Professional Issues (PI) track
With Leveys and Dr. Kenneth J. Sapire,
at Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
Heartfelt thanks for your generous donations and support
to help us offer and sustain the "Thought for the Day."
Joel & Michelle Levey
PO Box 1298
Kapaau, HI 96755
If you would like to make a larger, tax-deductible donation
please make your check payable to:
Compassionate Action Network
and mark the Memo on the check to read: "for LAMP " (Leveys Awakening Mind Project)
May your generous spirit contribute to the happiness of all beings )))
Nurture yourself with a Hawaii vacation,
or, work remotely from Paradise...
Are you looking for a life-affirming vacation immersed in the beauty
of nature and the warm embrace of Hawaii?
Visit the Leveys' Sanctuary on the Big Island of Hawaii with family and friends.
A zone of peace, beauty, and harmony
perfect for deep reflection, adventure, and renewal!
See - http://KohalaSanctuary.com
Contact us for details.
For more information on our special programs for leaders, teams, organizations, and communities, contact:Dr. Joel & Michelle Levey