Logicalis Buys Advanced Technology Integration Group of MCPc
- Implied Enterprise Value $42M
- EV/LTM Revenue 0.32x
- Global solution provider Logicalis announced that it was acquiring the $133 million revenue Advanced Technology Integration Group (ATIG) of data center/networking solution provider MCPc.
- Logicalis, ranked No. 27 on CRN's Solution Provider 500, builds both capabilities and geographic presence with the purchase. MCPc, ranked No. 72 on the Solution Provider 500 list, retains its end-user services business and will continue a close relationship with Logicalis post-transaction.
- A regulatory filing with the London Stock Exchange detailed the transaction value as up to $42 million, including contingent consideration. The acquisition is expected to be accretive to Datatec, the parent company of Logicalis.
M&A As A Ticket to Growth
Complementary Offerings And Geographies:
With this acquisition, Logicalis builds its presence in the Midwest while growing its professional services capabilities, particularly those relating to the data center and enterprise networking. Logicalis also stands to sell into ATIG's existing clients, both delivering and realizing greater value.
- Looking to M&A: In the June issue of martinwolf's Executive Perspective publication, Vince DeLuca, president and CEO of Logicalis, detailed three main priorities for M&A: Achieving growth, entering new markets, and building capabilities. This acquisition looks to satisfy these key requirements.
- Consolidation a Key Trend for 2015: Analysts and observers are increasingly commenting on the trend of consolidation and privatization among large solution providers. In its listing of "The 15 Biggest M&A Deals of 2015 (So Far)," CRN featured examples of major solution provider transactions, including PCM's acquisition of En Pointe and Millstein & Co.'s acquisition of DLT, that have the potential for significant channel impact.
For more information about this transaction, click here to read the press release.
not the advisor in this transaction.
To receive instant analysis on the day's business news from the martinwolf team, follow us on Twitter @martin_wolf_ and on LinkedIn at martinwolf.
Walnut Creek, CA Bangalore, India
With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Bangalore, India, martinwolf is a leading middle market M&A Advisory focused on companies in the IT Services, IT Supply Chain, IT-Enabled Business Process Outsourcing and Software as a Service (SaaS) space. Since 1997, our team has completed more than 135 transactions in nineteen countries and sold seven divisions of Fortune 500 companies.
The firm is also a presenting sponsor of the Global IT M&A Forum.
martinwolf is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, visit www.martinwolf.com.
To learn more about martinwolf, contact Matthew Putzulu at email@example.com.
© martinwolf 2015
"We cannot accomplish all that we need to do without working together."