Celebrate Love in LeClaire! We are open all year round, so join us for Valentine's Day celebrations, live music, wine tastings, fun events at the Library, and much more! Enjoy shopping, touring, wining, and dining, too! Be sure and browse the "news" and "save the date" sections at the end of this e-news and start making plans to #VisitLeClaire all year! More information about LeClaire, Iowa, can be found on our website at:
Treat Your Valentine!
- Green Tree Brewery has a sale on all their "His and Her" Glass Sets - 50% off thru February 14.
- The Shameless Chocoholic has extended hours for Valentine's Day - February 12-14, 10am-7pm. Call 563-289-1339 to check on availability of chocolate covered strawberries.
- Wednesday, February 14: Celebrate Valentine's Day at Steventon's and enjoy live music by Lewis Knudsen from 6-9pm. Reservations required 563-289-3600.
- Wednesday, February 14, 3-10pm: Valentines Day Dinner at Faithful Pilot. 3 courses; $65 per person. See the menu on their website. Call 563-289-4156 for reservations.
- Wednesday, February 14, 4-9pm: D's Smokin' BBQ & Taphouse is offering a special Valentine's Day dinner. It includes a four-course dinner for two for $75 and comes with a bottle of wine, box of 4 chocolates from The Shameless Chocoholic. You can add roses (6) for an additional $15. Dinner includes: STARTER - Redneck Bruschetta; SOUP - Beer Cheese Soup; ENTRÉE and SIDES - Choice of 10 oz. Prime Rib or Fish, Baked Potato, Bacon Wrapped Asparagus; DESSERT - Chocolate Mousse. Dinner is reservation only; restaurant will be closed to the public after 3pm. Call or stop in and pay for your reservation today - 563-729-1143.
- Wednesday, February 14, 6pm or 8pm: Crane & Pelican Café Special Valentine Dinner - 3 courses for $39.95. See the menu at www.craneandpelican.com , then call 563-289-8774 to reserve a table. 563-289-8774.
Friday, February 16, 8pm: Green Tree Brewery.
Do you know your music? Play Rock Star Bingo - no cost, Bingo cards provided, and can win free beer!
Saturday, February 17, 7:30-10:30pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Bobby Ray Bunch and Brad Love. Come wish Bobby Ray "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!
Sunday, February 18: Blue Iguana
is celebrating National Drink Wine Day. Purchase $4 Pints of sangria!
Thursday, February 22: Blue Iguana
is celebrating National Margarita Day. Enjoy their frozen margarita special - $3 small / $5 large!
Friday, February 23, 8pm: Green Tree Brewery.
Do you know your music? Play Rock Star Bingo - no cost, Bingo cards provided, and can win free beer!
Saturday, February 24, 8-11pm: Green Tree Brewery
has live music by Molly Durnin.
Sunday, February 25, Noon-4pm: Join the Buffalo Bill Museum
to celebrate the birthday of their native son Buffalo Bill Cody. Buffalo Bill Cody was born February 26, 1846 in Scott County, Iowa. Buffalo Bill was a Pony Express Rider and a civil war hero before staring in own Wild West Show! Also visit the other great exhibits at the museum such as: the Lone Star, a wooden hull steam powered paddle wheel, Native American artifacts, and exhibits featuring 1900's ladies fashion, life on Mississippi, riverboat pilots, a 1939 Chris Craft speed boat and many more fascinating displays. Free admission for this event.
Sunday, February 25, 3-5pm: Faithful Pilot
has wine tasting. 15 wines for $15. Call 563-289-4156 to reserve your glass.
Tuesday, February 27, 5-7pm:
Join 129 for "Tuesday Tasting". $15 for 10 wines. Call 563-729-1035 to reserve your glass!
Tuesday, February 27, 7pm: Green Tree Brewery
is hosting "Survey Says: A Friendly Feud Bar Game". If you have not played or heard of "Survey Says", it's a combination of live team trivia (Trivia Night Live) and the TV game show Family Feud™. Compete for prizes!
winter hours are Tuesday - Saturday 11am-4pm, Sunday Noon-4pm.
is closed on Mondays until spring.
Breakfast at Berries
is open at 1295 Eagle Ridge Road (near Slagle's grocery store). Hours are Wednesday thru Sunday, 6am-1pm.
D's Smokin' BBQ & Taphouse
offers delivery! LeClaire city limits - $10 mininum order with free delivery. Princeton, Pleasant Valley, Rapid City, and Port Byron - $20 minimum with a $5 delivery charge. Delivery available from Sunday - Thursday, 5pm-8pm; Friday and Saturday, 5pm-10pm. Also serving breakfast from 8-11am, Saturday & Sunday. Find their menus on Facebook.
Winter Hours are Sunday-Thursday 12-4pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-5pm. Or call for an appointment - 563-289-4652.
Mississippi Cottage Antiques'
winter hours are 10am-5pm Tuesday through Saturday and 10am-4pm Sunday and Monday. During bad weather they will post a notice on their door of unexpected closings. They have lots of military items for collectors. They also have original art from local artists and unique antique items from delicate glass to mission furniture. Their store is a journey worth taking, and the coffee is always hot!
Join the Mississippi River Distilling Company and Cody Road Cocktail House "Cocktail Cruise!" If you've been to the Cody Road Cocktail House, you know how exciting and somewhat overwhelming the giant wall of cocktail choices can be. They always have 20 different feature cocktails on the menu. It's a tough choice because they are all delicious! Once you've tried one and you love it, then it's hard to veer off from a home run and try another. They want to encourage you to take a tour of all the cocktails on the menu. Each of the 20 cocktails will be numbered on the "Cocktail Cruise" card. Order each cocktail and have your card stamped. Fill it up and get free stuff and discounts in their store. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for more information.
Roxanne's Trendy Treasures
Friday, Saturday and Sunday thru February.
The Shameless Chocoholic
winter hours - Monday through Saturday 10am-5pm; Sundays Noon-4pm. Extended hours for Valentine's Day are February 12-14, 10am-7pm. Call 563-289-1339 to check on availability of chocolate covered strawberries.
Unique Creations & Sassy Pants Boutique
winter hours: Closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday; they are open Thursday 11am-3pm, Friday 11am-3pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-4pm.
Join in on the fun at the LeClaire Community Library this winter!
For more information, contact: LeClaire Community Library, 323 Wisconsin Street,
, opt. 4,
- Monday - Saturday, Now - February 28, ALL DAY: LeClaire Community Library - Winter Reading BINGO. Stop in at the Library and sign up for Winter Reading BINGO! Each BINGO square contains a reading/library activity. Every BINGO will earn you an entry into a grand prize drawing! Cover the entire card for a Blackout BINGO to earn a special prize! Grand prizes will be awarded in every age group. The program runs from January 2 - February 28.
- Tuesday, February 13, 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Biblioteens. Come to the library on the second Tuesday of every month to share what you've been reading (whether you loved it or hated it), learn about new books, hang out, and have some delicious snacks! This program is best for ages 12-18.
- Thursday, February 15, 4:30pm - Teen Advisory Group (TAG). Help plan cool events, request new library materials, eat snacks, and get the inside scoop on what's happening at the library! Don't forget - your attendance earns you service learning hours and looks great on college/job applications! For 7th grade & up.
- Tuesday, February 20, 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Junior Explorers. Explore a new science theme each month at the library - February's theme is Shadows! Come in for a fun storytime and hands-on exploratory stations. This program will take the place of Family Storytime and is best for children aged 3-7.
- Thursday, February 22, 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Charlotte Blake Alston, Storyteller. Charlotte Blake Alston breathes life into traditional and contemporary stories from African and African American Traditions. Stories were the way the beliefs, mythology, cultural identity, history, and shared community values of a people were taught and preserved - and this tradition continued when Africans were brought to America. Stories and songs are best suited for intermediate, high school, and college/adult audiences. Event sponsored by Quad City Arts.
- Friday, February 23, 2-3:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Drop-In Tech Help. Bring in any device and they will give it a shot! Please arrive with passwords needed to access your accounts.
- Monday, February 26, 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Escape Room: Stolen Goods. Try your hand at cracking codes, solving mysteries, and claiming delicious prizes! The library's spin on the ever popular escape rooms will require teamwork, patience, and brain power - do you have what it takes? Ages 8-15 are encouraged to come in to show what they are made of!
- Wednesday, February 28, 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Adult Book Club. This month they'll be reading The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan. Books are available at the library's circulation counter free of cost AND are now available as an eBook through our RiverShare Digital Library Catalog.
- Thursday, March 1, 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Tinker Lab - Galaxy in a Jar. Create a galaxy in a jar by mixing paint, water, glitter and a very special ingredient. These materials will be available all month long, but this is the best chance for newbies to get some hands-on instruction. Best for ages 10 and up.
- Friday, March 2 at 2pm: LeClaire Community Library - Dr. Seuss' B-Day. They will be celebrating this much loved author by doing projects where you can be as creative as Dr. Seuss! Create your own wacky creature or make a mask to turn yourself into a character from one of Dr. Seuss' books.
- Monday, March 5 at 1:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Monday Movie Matinee. Grab some popcorn and watch a movie on our their screen. Seating is limited; please arrive early to secure a seat.
- Monday, March 5 at 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Kick-it with a Movie Monday. Grab some popcorn and watch a movie on their big screen. Seating is limited; please arrive early to secure a seat.
- Wednesday, March 7 between 3-4pm: LeClaire Community Library - LEGO Club. Robots? Aliens? Flying cars? Find out what building challenge is waiting for you at LEGO Club!
- March 8, 22 and 29 at 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Tinker Lab (Star Exploration). Map out your own constellations on a tin can lantern using a hand held drill! Learn how the constellations were named and how people used them over history. Be sure to go back to the next 2 Tinker Lab sessions to finish this 3 part project. Best for ages 10 and up.
- Thursday, March 8 at 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - LeClaire Advances Move for Museum. Marsha and Beth Peters discuss the founding of the Buffalo Bill Museum and the women in the community who made it happen. These presentations are treated as a community dialogue - so bring your memories, photographs, and any questions you might have about LeClaire's history!
- Wednesday, March 14 at 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Pi (π) Day. Go and explore the magical number that never ends! They will be making jewelry, painting, coloring and more activities incorporating this magical number. Ages 8-15 are encouraged to come.
- Thursday, March 15 at 4:30pm: LeClaire Community Library -Teen Advisory Group (TAG) Book Club. Help plan cool events, request new library materials, share what you've been reading (whether you loved it or hated it), learn about new books, hang out, eat snacks, and get the inside scoop on what's happening at the library! Don't forget - your attendance earns you service learning hours and looks great on college/job applications! For 7th grade & up.
- Tuesday, March 20 at 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Junior Explorers. Explore a new science theme each month at the library - March's theme is Weather! Enjoy a fun storytime and hands-on exploratory stations. This program will take the place of Family Storytime and is best for children aged 3-7.
- Wednesday, March 21 at 10:30am: LeClaire Community Library - Mini Makers. Sensory play encourages toddlers to explore and get to know the world around them. Go to the library to make a mess, have fun, and experience new things on the third Wednesday of every month. This program is best for ages 10 months to 3 years.
- Friday, March 23 at 2pm: LeClaire Community Library - Drop-In Tech Help. Bring in any device and they will give it a shot! Please arrive with passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Saturday, March 2 at 11am: LeClaire Community Library - Buon Appetito (Italian Cuisine with Vanessa). Native Italian, Vanessa Jasper, will teach you how to make lasagna! Class size is limited to 18. Adults only.
- Wednesday, March 28 at 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Adult Book Club. This month they'll be reading Shotgun Lovesong, by Nicolas Butler. Books are available at the library's circulation counter free of cost AND are now available as an eBook through our RiverShare Digital Library Catalog.
- Thursday, March 29 at 6:30pm: LeClaire Community Library - Murder & Mayhem with author John Brassard, Jr. Local historian John Brassard Jr. will be sharing stories from his new book Murder & Mayhem in Scott County Iowa. Books will be available for purchase.
Save the Date!
2 First Friday
6 First Friday
28 Wine Hop
4 First Friday
26-28 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
1 First Friday
1-2 Citywide Garage Sales
16 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
23 Food Truck Fight
6 First Friday
21 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
3 First Friday
4 Heartland British Auto Fest
9-11 Tug Fest
18 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
25 Vettes on the River
7 First Friday
15 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
5 First Friday
14 Apple Fest
20 Twilight Sightseeing Cruises
27 Witches' Walk
2 First Friday
24 Shop Small Saturday
7 First Friday
8 First Saturday
7-9 Christmas in LeClaire
LeClaire, Iowa is located at the intersection of Highway 67/Great River Road and Interstate 80 at exit 306. This charming town is just a scenic 2 minute drive to Lock & Dam 14, just off of highway 67, along the Mississippi River. Lock and Dam 14 is only a few miles from all the LeClaire hotels and is known for some of the BEST eagle watching & photography in the country.
LeClaire is a quaint river town full of historic surprises. LeClaire offers the Twilight Riverboat 2 day Adventures, Mississippi River Distilling Company, The Buffalo Bill Museum, unique shopping and wonderful restaurants, which make LeClaire the must visit town in the Quad Cities area.
LeClaire is only 30 minutes from the Quad Cities International Airport and is also the home base location for Mike Wolfe, owner of "Antique Archaeology" and the host of "American Pickers," a cable TV show on the History Channel.
LeClaire has award winning hotels, guest houses, and bed and breakfasts with views of the Mississippi River.
If you're looking for charming and friendly, the downtown shops in LeClaire will delight you.
Also, If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Tourism Manager at 563-289-4242 x 61135 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org