A personal mission statement is a brief description of what an individual wants to focus on, wants to accomplish and wants to become. It is a way to focus energy, actions, behavior and decisions towards the things that are most important to the individual.
To me it seems a bit like taking a vision board and summarizing the pictures in words formulized into a short concise statement of purpose.
Using a bubble easily graphically guides you through the process. You can click on and stretch the bubbles to the size that allows you to type words. Ask yourself for each surrounding bubble. Put just one or two words for each description into the bubble. (see example)
What's your superpower? How do you stand out?
2. What adjectives do others use to describe you?
3. What do you value...what's important to you?
4. What energizes you... what are you passionate about?
5. What are colleagues/friends drawn to you for?
6. The center bubble: Your Brand: Write key words or phrases that sum up petals 1-5.
My mission statement created over five years ago:
I live a meaningful, purposeful, balanced life - serving others through my spiritual strength.