Dear Friends and Neighbors:
MAYOR TURNER ISSUES MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER FOR WEST HOUSTON & ISSUES ORDER TO CUT POWER TO HOMES
- Mayor Turner just issued a MANDATORY evacuation order for all homes and apartments that currently have standing water in them AND that are in the earlier voluntary evacuation area (I-10 on the North, Highway 6 on the West, Briar Forest on the South and Gessner on the East)
- This Mandatory order goes into effect tomorrow, Sunday, September 3, 2017, at 7:00 A.M.
- If you live in this area, and have water in your home or on the first floor of your apartment complex, you must leave by 7:00 A.M. tomorrow.
- Mayor Turner has instructed CenterPoint Energy to begin turning off all power to all homes and apartment complexes that have standing water and that are in the mandatory evacuation zone.
- If you live between I-10, Highway 6, Briar Forest and Gessner AND you have standing water in your home or on the first floor of your apartment complex, your power will be shut off beginning at 7:00 A.M. tomorrow.
Mandatory Evacuation Zone: