2. LEVEL OF MOBILIZATION: staff, students, volunteers, friends, colleagues
GOVERNOR VETOES FY18 ABE INCREASE
AND CUTS ABE BY $850,000
- Yesterday, Governor Baker signed the FY18 state budget, vetoed the increase appropriated by the legislature for ABE and cut the line item by $850,000 to $28.78 million -- less than the FY17 amount after 9C cuts.
- While we understand the revenue forecasts were challenging, this veto and cut in funding are
unacceptable, and we must take action
now to restore these funds.
- ABE has significant support in the House and Senate, and we must all contact our state representative and state senator now to urge them to override the Governor's veto and restore funding to the $29.63 million approved by the legislature.
- ABE is a critical component of the success of many of the state's other public policy priorities. Successful K-12 education reform, family self-sufficiency, economic and workforce development, healthcare outcomes and civic engagement
all depend on educated residents.
- ABE has a
significant return on investment for everyone in the Commonwealth.
SAVE ABE INCREASE -- CALL NOW!
- Please call your state representative and state senator
urge them to override the Governor's veto in ABE line item #7035-0002 and restore the line item amount to $29.63 million.